• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB - MagnaFlow Resonator Straight Pipe (2018 Si Sedan)

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can have a reputable exhaust shop weld in a piece of quality stainless steel for $100-150.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You can have a reputable exhaust shop weld in a piece of quality stainless steel for $100-150.
I'm looking to not weld straight pipe there, as I want to retain the ability to remove it if I wanted to.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know the specifics of the Magnaflow, but the factory resonator is welded in. Any aftermarket one would have to be pieced in with flanges, as well as flanges welded on to the factory one, if you want to swap them.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I dont know the specifics of the Magnaflow, but the factory resonator is welded in. Any aftermarket one would have to be pieced in with flanges, as well as flanges welded on to the factory one, if you want to swap them.
Yeah, the whole stock exhaust is just one whole piece. The Magnaflow was separated into 4 pieces. The inlet pipe, the resonator, the midpipe, then the muffler and tips. They have included clamps that hold it all together but the exhaust components have a "male" and "female" side so you don't install anything backwards, if that makes sense.

BaboLonian

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just put my MagnaFlow exhaust in. Im okay with it. Has anyone welded a straight pipe in without the resonator? Is it worth doing that? Is there any done at all?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just put my MagnaFlow exhaust in. Im okay with it. Has anyone welded a straight pipe in without the resonator? Is it worth doing that? Is there any done at all?
I would expect that to lead to terrible raspiness, especially if you have a catless downpipe.

BaboLonian

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I would expect that to lead to terrible raspiness, especially if you have a catless downpipe.
I still have the stock downpipe. Trying to keep the emissions side of it all stock. Im okay with raspiness, im just concern about highway drone

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still have the stock downpipe. Trying to keep the emissions side of it all stock. Im okay with raspiness, im just concern about highway drone
The purpose of a resonator is to get rid of unwanted sounds. I’d be hesitant to get rid of one on an aftermarket exhaust.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sorry, I actually haven't kept up with this thread since it was posted so long ago. I was actually able to get a custom straight pipe made so I can place the resonator back if I wanted to. I am also running the stock downpipe, not sure how it would sound with a catless downpipe but I have heard from someone else that it gets very drony with that setup. However, with the stock downpipe, resonator straight pipe, and MagnaFlow muffler, it does sound nice. You hear more burbles, and the exhaust does get louder. There is a little bit more drone but it is not raspy in any way. I feel like it is louder in a good way and isn't an obnoxious fart cannon at all. It still retains that low and deep tone with the straight pipe which I love. I will upload a picture of the custom straight pipe as well as some sound clips.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Custom Straight Pipe next to MagnaFlow Resonator

You can buy the straight pipe at AutoZone for $6.99 and the necessary flanges that match the MagnaFlow online for about $15. Cost for welding depends but I had a friend get it done so it was basically free. Other shops quoted me about $120 for the job.

Link to Resonator Pipe
https://m.autozone.com/emission-control-and-exhaust/resonator/nickson-resonator/61521_0_0?aqs=

Link to 2.5 Inch V-Band Flange + Clamp
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141472911940

Honda Civic 10th gen WTB - MagnaFlow Resonator Straight Pipe (2018 Si Sedan) IMG_20180704_000614_505

Honda Civic 10th gen WTB - MagnaFlow Resonator Straight Pipe (2018 Si Sedan) IMG_20180622_115611_981

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Let me know what you think! If you have any questions or any more video requests just let me know and I'd be glad to try and get those for you. (Although videos never give exhaust sounds justice compared to hearing it in person heh:drive:)

BaboLonian

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Let me know what you think! If you have any questions or any more video requests just let me know and I'd be glad to try and get those for you. (Although videos never give exhaust sounds justice compared to hearing it in person heh:drive:)
Did you only have to buy 1 clamp or 2? And were they both just “female” connection to the exhaust? Just curious if that has any leaks for you or not. This is exactly what i needed. Thank you for the help!

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you only have to buy 1 clamp or 2? And were they both just “female” connection to the exhaust? Just curious if that has any leaks for you or not. This is exactly what i needed. Thank you for the help!
I only had to buy one set from the link I provided. I believe it was a male/female. And as for leaks, there are none! The only problem I had was actually attaching the piping to the end where some pipe sticks out beyond the flange on the MagnaFlow to aid in alignment when clamping down. With the persuasion of my arms and a rubber mallet however, it sits snug and you'll be able to clamp it down. Hope to see your set up when you get to it!
Sponsored