• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB Ktuner v2

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the same scammer lurking the forum trying to bait people for a ktuner v2. Originally the guy's name was Fk8slayer and from Florida. There was a thread created about him

Dm0785

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Same guy scammed me as well, he’s now in the thousands of dollars off this forum. Something has to be done, because that’s just straight ridiculous. Anyone have any police buddies that will run this down?

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Here are the pictures. If you google ktuner v2 unlocked, it’s one of the first posts to pop up from 2019. I already disputed the charge and ordered one from tsp now

B6A1A64F-DC8B-4CA6-948E-FB4025C7FC8C.png

3E3FE73E-FE3A-408C-AF94-BA9FBD92C62A.png
Those pictures are the exactly pictures the scammer sent me me as well. As linked by @bay_hatch , this scammer has been lurking around and scammed a handful of people now. Here is another recent thread from another scammed member. You could make a post to bump the thread linked by bay_hatch for visibility, so maybe less people will fall victim to the same trick.

Really sorry for your situation. I felt terrible when I realized I legit got scammed too... At this point, I think buyers should really make it a policy to use PayPal G&S or local meets. Or at least for me, that will be the case going forward after this hard-learned lesson.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@360glitch posted a good write up that is stickied at the top of this forum.

The ONLY time you should ever use PayPal F&F, or anything with no protection is if you trust the seller. So, if they have a high post count here and active presence, you know them personally, etc.. even then, best to play it safe.
If the seller has hardly any posts (or worse, none) and/or a fresh account, you should pay with protection (PayPal G&S) and take necessary precautions.
The reason he keeps doing it is because people aren’t following these tips. The mods and admins can keep banning accounts, but the problem is that people need to be a little more careful about who they trust and buy from. If he insists on payment methods that don’t protect the buyer and he has no reputation to back him up, that’s a major red flag. Especially if the price is cheaper than average.
Here, I find that active contributors care about their reputation and won’t risk it over a few hundred bucks. So I trust a lot of them.

Rant over. Maybe a suggestion for the admins is to introduce a minimum post count before being able to post in the BST forums. And a minimum post count before being able to PM other members (actual contributions, not random and irrelevant posts). Also, posting pictures with a piece of paper showing the current date, product, and username would help lots to avoid reusing google pictures.

They do this on the DriveAccord forum I think, and seems to work out well.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The problem doesn't just exist with a perspective seller. The buyer is also culpable.
Particularly with "Chargebacks".
The buyer can be using a fraudulant C/C or even dispute the charge with their C/C company once they get notification that the item has been shipped by the seller. It doesn't matter what the seller does with their PayPal account (close/transfer the funds/etc.), the seller is still responsible for any funds returned to the buyer or what is in "contention". I have witnessed this both ways.
Selling something in this day and age is tricky on both ends.
BTW - fraud is far greater a buyer problem not a seller problem.
Sponsored