Wow....they're still building 2018 Civics...

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I had been toying with the idea of getting an 18 Si after all the dealers around me were charging $5,000 to $20,000 over MSRP for the Type R. After missing a deal on an Aegean Blue model that was incoming, I was about to give up and wait for a 2019...until I saw the pics of the new 2019 and was not as taken with their new facelift. So, called my dealership and luckily, there was a 2018 in the Metallic Steel, which after my first choice of the blue, second choice of white, it was the Metallic Steel. I quickly said put $500 on it.

Here's the kicker. It isn't even slated to start being built until 9/17/18. I had to ask her twice, to make absolutely sure it's not a 2019 and she had already verified it because she had someone interested in it prior to me and they too did not want the 19, but backed out of this one because it will not be delivered to the dealership at the end of October, early November.....which is usually when the 19's drop.

I just thought it was kind of interesting they're still pumping out a few last 18s and thought I'd share. This is the only other honda I've owned...my current Street/Track monster, the 91 C-Rex Si
Honda Civic 10th gen Wow....they're still building 2018 Civics... C-Rex
Honda Civic 10th gen Wow....they're still building 2018 Civics... Engine Bay

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
There's no info on the 2019 Civic Si.
the refresh only talks about the base 1.5T. The Si have different bumpers than the coupe/sedan

Last edited:
OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's no info on the 2019 Civic Si.
the refresh only talks about the base 1.5T
True...but I wasn't about to take the risk...just in case. I did not want to be stuck....and the color has grown on me honestly. Finding any Si in my state that isn't black or silver is tough (18 model) so I just went for it.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
True...but I wasn't about to take the risk...just in case. I did not want to be stuck....and the color has grown on me honestly. Finding any Si in my state that isn't black or silver is tough (18 model) so I just went for it.
I would wait for a 2019 for Honda sensing. I would love that in my car but if you don't care for it then it doesn't matter

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would wait for a 2019 for Honda sensing. I would love that in my car but if you don't care for it then it doesn't matter
Yeah, I read up on it. Not something I want as of yet. Cars already yell at us enough. Reviews are mixed, so I'm waiting to try it out when I'm forced to.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just hope when I decide ever trade mine in I can get one without honda sensing or the rain sensor

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just hope when I decide ever trade mine in I can get one without honda sensing or the rain sensor
Trade it before 2022....but still, many will already have it standard before that starting next year...sigh. I don't want it either.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Trade it before 2022....but still, many will already have it standard before that starting next year...sigh. I don't want it either.
You should be able to turn it off or disable it -- at least for the next few year models.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don’t think we’re going to hear anything about a revised Si or R until next year sometime.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t think we’re going to hear anything about a revised Si or R until next year sometime.
It's all good. I'm stoked to be getting an 18 anyhow and really do like the color now. Can't wait to personalize the car some.
Sponsored