Country flag

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Now I can only find the '16 Accord has an aluminum hood, not the Civic. :dunno:
Given the cost of aluminum, both the raw material and the cost of working with it, I'd think any use in a volume value car like the Civic takes a lot to justify. Testing that theory, I just looked up the parts. The hood on an Accord is 12 lbs lighter to ship than the one on the Civic. MSRP is, surprisingly, $45 more for the Civic than the Accord. And the carton for the Civic hood is a lot larger as well.

leftword

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
My Civic broke down a week after I had it. (Computer issue). Of course, the tow truck driver couldn't find the shift release to get it out of park (used to be under the leather fabric of the gear shift, it's now on the inside panel of the middle console - looks like a keyhole - btw) so they PUSHED the car after getting it on some rolling dollies. They totally dented in the front panel over the drivers side wheel. I was furious. Honda is fixing it for me for free, because I threw a fit. But be warned, it's like paper!

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yeah, I notice this when I was washing the car. I'm scared if and when there is hail.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Shit in a hailstorm that severe I'd be more worried about my life than the car lol.

And wouldn't it technically be easier to have written off, than repaired? Does insurance cover hail?

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thin and flimsy indeed. Obvious while washing and waxing. I've been putting mine in the garage at the hint that there may be a possibility of a hail storm, but if we get caught in one while driving, not much you can do but cringe.

I guess that's the price you pay for better MPG's from Honda's point of view.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Hood still should have been made of aluminum and secured to its frame better. I wonder how much resonant noise it's generating.

SethK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
This is just sad and supports my one week post-purchase impression of this car. I'm afraid of even leaning onto my car, waxing it, hail, parking it in an area with people (clubs, etc) in fear of someone leaning on it, etc, etc. Honda REALLY failed us on this one.. Major fail!!

I want to love my car, but with all these issues (the piston recall, the soft flimsy metal, the infotainment buggyness) that really would not exist had there been some type of quality control, I really can't say I love my car!!

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Wow, yeah, you guys are right. I waxed our Civic today and even with being super gentle, the hood oil cans like crazy. The sheet metal on this car is like heavy foil.

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm already trying to figure out where I can take the car if there is a threat of a storm with hail, seems it may not have to be an extreme storm to still do damage. Years ago I had a 1999 Accord that got damaged by hail.