Would you trade a BB order at msrp for this??

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Man if you want a two seater dual clutch that will actually put a smile on your face go find a used 2017 M2 they are cheaper than that thing and will be more entertaining end to end.

Also nobody will be like 'whoa that guys driving his girls car' when you get out of it :)
Hey gotta give respect for the NA flat 6's that porsche makes, whether you like the way the car looks/feels or not. Those engines just seem like a great time and I def wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel and just hearing it rev out long as hell.

That said, I too also have a soft spot for the M2, but again only in stick ;)
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Hey gotta give respect for the NA flat 6's that porsche makes, whether you like the way the car looks/feels or not. Those engines just seem like a great time and I def wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel and just hearing it rev out long as hell.

.5 seconds faster 0-60 and will chirp the tires going into 3rd at 60 - dunno man, the Dual Clutch in my M2 is crazy fun. Also has 7th gear which is great for the highway and staying in the power band down low.

I got the Type R to fill the stickshift need, but the M2 dual clutch is no joke and very very entertaining.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

Thanks for calling a flat six a lot call it a “ boxer” engine
a true car enthusiast will say flat four or flat six

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I like the look of the Porsche but if I was gonna spend 50+ grand on a used RWD coupe it would be a c6 zr1

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wait a second. Are you just selling your order slot for that car? In reality, if you could find another 2020, you could just sell the car and profit from the entire transaction, even if the second 2020 is above MSRP :p Or you could try to find a second at MSRP and trade your slot for the car, then you get a CTR and a Porsche :p

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
.5 seconds faster 0-60 and will chirp the tires going into 3rd at 60 - dunno man, the Dual Clutch in my M2 is crazy fun. Also has 7th gear which is great for the highway and staying in the power band down low.

I got the Type R to fill the stickshift need, but the M2 dual clutch is no joke and very very entertaining.
DCT's are a beautiful thing I definitely won't lie. I can't help but prefer the stick M2 though, just my favorite way to drive for the forseeable future. I'll rejoin the automatic train one day, but I just love my third pedal for now. I definitely agree it's slower and will wheel skip more, but I think that's just part of the fun for me hahah.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I would but not for an S. I gave up on modding the R for now at least and have 1 year left to pay for it. Gonna save for a bit and planning on getting a used 718 gt4 if I can find one. Will be keeping the R as well. Thats assuming the world doesn't go to shit by then lol

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
DCT's are a beautiful thing I definitely won't lie. I can't help but prefer the stick M2 though, just my favorite way to drive for the forseeable future. I'll rejoin the automatic train one day, but I just love my third pedal for now. I definitely agree it's slower and will wheel skip more, but I think that's just part of the fun for me hahah.
I still have my M2 and Type R so best of both worlds :) It's really entertaining driving them back to back. (my profile pic is the R with the M2 in the background)

OP
OP
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 NFR S2000
Country flag
Wait a second. Are you just selling your order slot for that car? In reality, if you could find another 2020, you could just sell the car and profit from the entire transaction, even if the second 2020 is above MSRP :p Or you could try to find a second at MSRP and trade your slot for the car, then you get a CTR and a Porsche :p
Sell my slot? No
If I decided to back out, I would let everyone here know
;)

Last edited:

garudatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
991 GT3RS
Country flag
if you want to drive a sports car, get one that was designed that way from the ground up, not a converted econobox, honda/bmw or otherwise.

OP
OP
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 NFR S2000
Country flag
if you want to drive a sports car, get one that was designed that way from the ground up, not a converted econobox, honda/bmw or otherwise.
Have to agree with that
I would take the CTR over an M2 etc

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Clearly lots of people in this thread haven’t driven a Cayman or probably any Porsche for that matter...

R19904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Agree completely with JohnEBlaze. Frankly like many said here the cars are not comparable. Caymans in almost any trim are scalpels going down the road. A Porsche is leaps and bounds a better overall car in every facet (other than maintenance) than a Honda. Arguing that is silly. I plan to pick up a nice 911 at some point down road in life when it makes sense to own one.

I agree if you are after a true sports car there might be better options that will set you back less as well. C6s can be had at a phenomenal value these days. Interior and build will be on par with the honda and maintenance is stupid simple and cheap. Gas wasnt bad either for a big v8. I averaged 31 on the highway. Bottom line, plenty of fun options out there in the 2 seat sports car category.

Fun factor dollar for grin is an entirely different comparison. I traded my modded C6 for my TypeR. The C6 would make the honda look like it was driving in reverse. While thats great bragging rights, the Type R by far is more fun to drive than any high horsepower non track dedicated car (and the time to be on the track. I have plenty of friends with "track cars" that haven't seen a track in years). The corvette was crazy fast, did 90mph in second gear no problem. What is the fun in that if you like driving manual cars? Already in jail territory and only shifted once! The Type R is exactly what others have purported it to be -A super fun to drive daily with a back seat and big trunk. Its easy to row gears in, sticks like glue to the road, and gets decent gas mileage.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol 'scalpels' etc.

It's a 275hp car, with most of the peak horsepower being at the high end of the rev range.

That's lame. It's like a hopped up BRZ at best.

Porsche makes some awesome cars, truly exceptional. Their entry level ones are 'neat' but don't justify the performance for the return. I mean come on - this thread is about a 2015 dual clutch automatic with 275 hp or getting a Type R? (And they want 50k+ for that mall queen Lame-man)

LOL

Maybe you and the Blazed one need to go re-drive your Type R and realize what a badass car it is.

Cool Porsche I'd trade the Type R for -

GT3 RS
911 Turbo

The Cayman's sound terrible, are underpowered, and just meh.
Sponsored