Would you trade a BB order at msrp for this??

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope not me! Keep your boost blue that is on order.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
A "German" luxury car with NO WARRANTY-because of the aftermarket "bolt-ons"! (I know-this one has a few months left). Especially a sports car. I was on the fence for months about this very thing! Finally decided that getting one either used or "slightly used" wasn't worth the risk. Even if I do the work myself I couldn't afford the down time or the car being my daily if anything did go wrong I'd have to rent/borrow to get to work.
NOW, if the car wasn't modded at all, AND had the original tires, AND had low mileage, AND was owned by an older gentleman, I'd seriously consider it.

OP
OP
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 NFR S2000
Country flag
A "German" luxury car with NO WARRANTY-because of the aftermarket "bolt-ons"! (I know-this one has a few months left). Especially a sports car. I was on the fence for months about this very thing! Finally decided that getting one either used or "slightly used" wasn't worth the risk. Even if I do the work myself I couldn't afford the down time or the car being my daily if anything did go wrong I'd have to rent/borrow to get to work.
NOW, if the car wasn't modded at all, AND had the original tires, AND had low mileage, AND was owned by an older gentleman, I'd seriously consider it.
Thanks for the input!

It is owned by an older guy. Do you think a Porsche would void the warranty because of the exhaust system he has on it?
Let’s face it, the condition looks like brand new
Also, after one year when the warranty expires I would buy an extended warranty for three years it would cost $3600.
a Lexus bumper to bumper from my cousin.
It would not be my daily

Last edited:

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Can't really compare the 2 cars. Completely different categories. A 2 seater vs a 4 door hatch. Nothing wrong with a Cayman. Pretty reliable and, if you find a good indie, not too bad to maintain. However, the CTR gets you much of the Cayman's performance (perhaps superior on some tracks) with practicality you can use daily.

OP
OP
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 NFR S2000
Country flag
Can't really compare the 2 cars. Completely different categories. A 2 seater vs a 4 door hatch. Nothing wrong with a Cayman. Pretty reliable and, if you find a good indie, not too bad to maintain. However, the CTR gets you much of the Cayman's performance (perhaps superior on some tracks) with practicality you can use daily.
Good points!

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Plus (the big one for me here and why I only ever intend to look at used Cayman GT4's) it's an auto! At least it's a dual clutch but still, cmon we're all stick people here, can't betray that for sure haha.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Never heard of a screaming Porsche Flat 6 referred to as boring Lol
But Thanks for the reply!
That Porsche model / type - is the quintissential girls Porsche, just like the Audi TT is the girl Audi.

LOL

I find it boring, the lines boring, the power not sufficient, and the interior lacking. As with any Porsche to get one you'd actually 'want' you need to be at 100k+ more like 150k+ for something really exciting.

So yes, complete girls car. I've never liked them - like the Kraut Miata

blech

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I found that very combination just a few months back, when I decided to pull the trigger on a 12K mile 2013 Audi TT RS. It was a single owner car, previously owned by a guy in his 50's that never really took it out of the garage. Time will tell how it holds up, but I think that if you have it thoroughly looked over prior to purchase, your risk is minimal.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
If a 2 seat vehicle will work for you why buy the type R at all? There are tons of great performance options with 2 seats. Most of us bought the Type R because it's practical and fast. If you don't need practical, don't compromise on performance.

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Man if you want a two seater dual clutch that will actually put a smile on your face go find a used 2017 M2 they are cheaper than that thing and will be more entertaining end to end.

Also nobody will be like 'whoa that guys driving his girls car' when you get out of it :)
Sponsored