Would You Have Preferred a Sunroof-less Si?

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I like having the sunroof, I also like not bumping my fat head into the headliner. Guess I'll never be 100% happy. :)
Sponsored

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i like it and I use it since living in florida we can have some nice breezy dayz. If it did not come with it I would still be happy with the car.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Everybody forgets how leaky old sunroofs are.
Would I have preferred a cheaper, lighter car without a hole in the roof that will eventually squeak and a mechanism that will eventually fail? Tough call...
Has this been your guys' experience? I get that convertible tops are always a pain in the long run, but I've never had an issue with a sunroof.
I've had multiple Hondas (95 Civic, 96 Integra, 02 RSX) that ALL got to more than 175,000 miles on them and never leaked or had any sunroof problems.

Always preferred a car with a sunroof just makes it look nicer especially when you tilt it up, and the 50 or so pounds the sunroof weighs is very negligible because the majority of us aren't hitting the tracks and trying to shave those milliseconds off their times anyways. for the price of the car and what it includes standard, this car is a steal!
Plus, Honda's sunroofs are pretty reliable, coming from a 7th to 8th to 9th and now a 10th gen SI, not one has ever leaked or failed on me. I don't think i would've gotten this car if it didn't come with it
^^ This! Agreed my friend

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I love my sun roof. it’s a 205 hp car I’m not lighting up the world with or without the extra weight of it. I’ve never had leaks with any car with one before so I can’t attest to worrying about leaking. jmho

sean3089

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
In my coupe, I can’t have the sunroof open with windows closed (the way I usually like it) because of the wind buffeting between about 30-50 mph.

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I love my sunroof, I use it every day that I can, and I LOVE that the sunroof opens with the windows if you click, release, and hold down the unlock key for 10 seconds on a hot day. That’s really nice on a hot day since we can’t get remote start from the factory with a manual. I don’t care if the seals will eventually go bad, I’ll gladly get it fixed if that means I get to enjoy it again.

My question is: what kind of performance loss could happen from driving with the sunroof tilted vs open vs closed? I would imagine it would add some sort of drag but I’m really curious what the difference would be exactly.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Sunroof was a requirement for me. If it wasn't for the sunroof, I would have bought a WRX or GTi.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Dont really care for the sunroof as i dont use it much. Would rather have something else like homelink or the factory led headlights instead.

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI , 2017 VW Jetta Se 1.4 TSI
Country flag
I don't use the sunroof much but still prefer the overall look. Pro - Sunroof.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Love the sunroof. In fact, it was one of the reasons I chose the Si over the Sport Hatch. Went 12 years with my old DD not having a sunroof/moonroof. Nice to have it back!

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes. Give me that 40lbs back and the extra bit of headroom clearance for autocross or track event helmets
Sponsored