• Watchers 41

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the 2017 civic hatch sport in Modern Steel Metallic, initially I was leaning towards Aegean Blue but MSM won me over. Honestly though, all of the colors are awesome.
I thought I'd get the Sonic Grey, but when I saw the hatch in Aegean blue, I loved it. I do love pics of the Polished metal--looks sharp! Those are the top 3 colors IMO.
Sponsored

gearsofwar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
In hindsight I would probably not get the black again.

It looks mean at night washed and waxed, but dirt and water marks show so easily that i'm having to wash it more than I'd like to.

Another thing I noticed is the black trim pieces (front grille) really stand out in the other colors and give a nice contrast. In the black they just kind of blend in.

rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
I think it's fair to say that Burgundy Night Pearl and Black both suffer from the same issue - they look great when clean but are very hard to maintain. Despite this, I still think I'd get my car in BNP, because it seems to be an extremely rare color, and I feel like the color gives my car more of a luxury feel. Especially with the tan interior. I haven't seen another Civic in BNP in my area, come to think of it.

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I own the black hatch and I love it. But, it definitely has it's down sides. I really can't stand blue cars but the blue on the hatch looks insanely sexy. That and the metallic steel.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. Love the colour for my sedan (WOP). Now if I went with the hatch or coupe I would probaby chosen red. They weren't out yet.

Wifes HRV is Milano Red which is fabulous on this vehicle.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Got the sonic grey pearl hatchback... no regrets. Super unique color, always getting people saying to me how unique it is. It definitely looks like shit in pictures, but once I saw it in a dealer showroom, I had to have that color. But the floor model at that dealer sold in 20 minutes! So I went to a different county haha just for the right color.
I also am getting lots of comments on the color. All seem to like it. I was getting the car washed at a car wash and heard the guy putting the plastic bag over the rear wiper on my hatch say "I like this color". Yes when the sun isn't shining it looks kinda grayish. The day I signed the buyers order it looked like light grey asphalt. When the sun is on the car the green metal flakes really show up.

RaiseTheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX Manual
WOP hatch. Love white cars.
However, this Sonic Grey Pearl piqued my interest lately, very unique color for a unique car.

Shamobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Went from a 2012 white civic to a 2016 white civic. I was gonna get black first but I've seen people complain about maintaining it, so I don't regret white at all. Plus I think it's the best color to do any exterior mods on.

But if I were to choose any other one it'd be the sonic grey color

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went from a 2012 white civic to a 2016 white civic. I was gonna get black first but I've seen people complain about maintaining it, so I don't regret white at all. Plus I think it's the best color to do any exterior mods on.

But if I were to choose any other one it'd be the sonic grey color
Definitely. One of the safest colors to get and IMO it's the best. Honda making the Aero Kit package in black was just genius.

Marshsparrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2013 Honda Civic EX, 2007 Honda Civic
Country flag
Went from a white 2013 Civic to Sonic Grey - no regrets! :)

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
EGP Coupe.

I would definitely get the same color again. Normals colors are too much "been there done that" for me. I hate normal. :D

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
If the ivory interior was available on all the other colors i would have gotten the electric blue.
But nope had to chose between black, white, and burgundy.
Don't get me wrong the white looks fantastic especially at night with lights shinning on it, kinda of glows and radiates
but i like colors that stand out more
Sponsored

Last edited: