• Start date
  • Watchers 41

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Dark colors look the best BUT only when completely clean, which isn't very often for most of us. I went with the Lunar Silver Metallic which is very nice and doesn't show the dirt. Would do it again.

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
If you were getting your exact same vehicle today and had all available color options to choose, would you stay the same or go differently?

I'm quite happy with the WOB color. But I would go for the Lunar Silver Metallic if I could do it again. The silver and gray cars look the best with the vents.
I still love my Sonic Grey Pearl. I thought about white for a while bc I thought that the Sonic Grey Pearl would be everywhere aka popular but it seems most on this thread ended up with White, Gray and blue. While they all look good I wonder why the SGP color doesn't interest most of you.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I still love my Sonic Grey Pearl. I thought about white for a while bc I thought that the Sonic Grey Pearl would be everywhere aka popular but it seems most on this thread ended up with White, Gray and blue. While they all look good I wonder why the SGP color doesn't interest most of you.
That's what I have

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
I still love my Sonic Grey Pearl...While they all look good I wonder why the SGP color doesn't interest most of you.
Well, since you asked, I felt it looked a little drab/battleship-like. I was always happy with my '96 Civic silver and thought the new silver was even nicer and shows off the red, black, and chrome as well. Let us know if the SGP shows dirt soon after a wash, like a darker color or not.

Last edited:

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
Well, since you asked, I felt it looked a little drab/battleship-like. I was always happy with my '96 Civic silver and thought the new silver was even nicer and shows off the red, black, and chrome nicely as well. Let us know if the SGP shows dirt soon after a wash, like a darker color or not.
Oh, I can safely say that I wash my car too frequently. On my VW Passat I washed parts of the clearcoat off (didn't clay bar/wax it enough - so my fault) but in my previous Juke Nismo and my new car, I wash them about 5-7 times a week. It's an OCD thing that I have always had. So the only time I've noticed it being dirty and showing dirt is after a hard rain, but it being a new car and the paint being so glossy it isn't that bad. Most of the dirt that I notice are on the black parts of the car, i.e the grille, the black fender flares, and the sideline ground effects. Even talking about this, I want to go wash my car right now. :D

Also when I looked at this car I had not seen the sport in the metallic a lot of you are getting, which I love! I was down between the black one (with tinted windows is the most menacing looking IMO) and SGP. I'm happy with my decision I chose this car over the 2017 Elantra Sport in Blue which was a close contender.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
...but in my previous Juke Nismo and my new car, I wash them about 5-7 times a week.
I would think you could get away with a just a dusting on some days :rolleyes:

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Went white because the silver was just too bland imo. I was 50/50 on red and white. The blue was too bright for my taste.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I can safely say that I wash my car too frequently. On my VW Passat I washed parts of the clearcoat off (didn't clay bar/wax it enough - so my fault) but in my previous Juke Nismo and my new car, I wash them about 5-7 times a week. It's an OCD thing that I have always had. So the only time I've noticed it being dirty and showing dirt is after a hard rain, but it being a new car and the paint being so glossy it isn't that bad. Most of the dirt that I notice are on the black parts of the car, i.e the grille, the black fender flares, and the sideline ground effects. Even talking about this, I want to go wash my car right now. :D

Also when I looked at this car I had not seen the sport in the metallic a lot of you are getting, which I love! I was down between the black one (with tinted windows is the most menacing looking IMO) and SGP. I'm happy with my decision I chose this car over the 2017 Elantra Sport in Blue which was a close contender.
I have to ask... what kind of wash are you performing 5-7 times a week?

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have to ask... what kind of wash are you performing 5-7 times a week?
Well, to be honest, I usually do 1 good (worthy of this car forum anyway) car wash per week. The other times (usually daily) I go to a spray wash spray the car with high-pressure wax, then rinse and dry the car. Usually if you do that you will never have a dirty car.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Absolutely LOVE my color choice!!! I had a black '06 Civic for 10 years and it was driving me crazy, I only purchased it because it was late and the dealership didn't have any other colors. EGP is a good change of pace and really gets a lot of attention....for the car, not me. Hahahaha
The Ralley Red ones are cute, I'm seeing more and more of them around town.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I was looking at Autoweeks daily email and clicked on the Geneva Auto Show highlights. They had a piece on the Aston Martins new line or brand called AMR. In the pics they have a pic of the AMR Vantage. It is a close shade to the Sonic Pearl Gray. They painted the wheels the same color as the car. They look awesome. Better that the black on the Sport Hatch. I would think Honda would wake up and take notice. Offer it as a option. I bet the 18" wheels painted Sonic Pearl Gray would look awesome.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I was looking at Autoweeks daily email and clicked on the Geneva Auto Show highlights. They had a piece on the Aston Martins new line or brand called AMR. In the pics they have a pic of the AMR Vantage. It is a close shade to the Sonic Pearl Gray. They painted the wheels the same color as the car. They look awesome. Better that the black on the Sport Hatch. I would think Honda would wake up and take notice. Offer it as a option. I bet the 18" wheels painted Sonic Pearl Gray would look awesome.
:postpics:

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally, I liked the yellowish highlights of the concept a lot. Couldn't find that Aston you were talking about. :/

Honda Civic 10th gen Would you get the same colour again? civ

Honda Civic 10th gen Would you get the same colour again? civ2

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally, I liked the yellowish highlights of the concept a lot. Couldn't find that Aston you were talking about. :/

civ.jpg

civ2.jpg
Boy that is a close to the Aston Martin AMR cars. They used a little darker color that seems to have a little bit more of green tint and the stripping they used is a little more greenish. Interesting
Sponsored