Would you buy your car again?

Hugh Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I think I would buy my car again. But I will say, that I saw a new black Chevy Malibu and almost fell in love. I dont know, it'd be close between the 2.
Sponsored

cabecker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III with ATP
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Between the subwoofer rattles, the engine grinding noise, the transmission jerkiness, the leaky door, all the other squeaks and rattles, and Honda's response to it all, I'll never own another Honda.

Chris G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX, 2010 Toyota Prius
Yes, I would. I would not get the touring or the turbo, but I really like the EX with sunroof and sensing. Not having any problems.

Radioman1030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Yah I loved that car also, but finally I decided I needed an upgrade. It had over 150,000 miles and there was just to much wrong with it. The previous owner did not treat it to well. I kept it for 4 years.

I saw the fixes for the 3rd break light. Not to worried about it. When I get my first oil change I will have the dealer look it. Hopefully they will have an official fix out by then. Surprised about the beeping... what is the point of it beeping as I get out of the car?
If the passive locking is enabled it will beep as you walk away as if you had pressed the lock button.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I would probably buy my car again, but I will say, my wife has a new Kia Soul + that is pretty awesome. It drives smooth, has a great stereo, gets decent mpg, and looks cool.

laura2813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Love my Coupe Touring. Bought it for myself as a 50th birthday present last month and couldn't be happier with my choice. IDK but maybe it's the fact I'm a die hard Honda gal. First car was an 81 Civic then.... 84 Prelude, 89 Prelude, 98 Prelude & 00 Accord. I tried a couple VW's and the only thing I really liked about those were the thickness of the body panels. I LOVE MY HONDA!!!

busyizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
YES I would! I love my car. I had a 2016 Accord that got totaled and then I opted this time for the 2016 Civic and it's been great!!

Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Yes I would. I'm loving mine. I just read Consumer Reports is dropping it from their 'recommended' list and I also know there's some owners who aren't pleased with either their cars or Honda dealers but, so far, everything's been good on mine.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Conceptually it's a great car, they just didn't have the quality control that they're known for in my opinion.

The subwoofer rattles and the CarPlay issues were really irritating. The dealerships not acknowledging those issues was worse.

I'd revisit the sedan for my wife after it gets a 6 speed and a revision to address the issues.

The coupe and the hatch need a makeover before I'd ever consider spending money on them. Hideous is not strong enough a word.

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife has the EX and has over 14,000 miles with no issues at all. Great car and great gas mileage, so much so I bought my EX-T as a B-day present to myself. I only have about 2,000 miles on mine so can't say it is totally free from defects but so far so good.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I would buy a Honda again but not before a lot of due diligence. I used to buy Craftsman tools without hesitation due to their reputation and no-questions-asked return policy. If it said "Craftsman" you had no worries. Nowadays, most everything "Craftsman" is Chinese made with no historical warranty. That's probably a reason Sears is going to fold in a few years unless they change their outsourcing, profit-over-quality, shareholders-over-customers approach.

I think of Honda the same way.

I remember when "Made in Japan" meant crap in the 70s but then they collectively got their act together, giving customers top-notch products, not just cars. Then Sony turned to crap along with Toyota and now Honda. Their Japanese design teams are great but their manufacturing, not so much. Every Japanese, like American company is eagerly racing headlong into the cheapest skilled workforce on the planet they can find. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened shop in Haiti next.

Now we see Hyundai Industries, among other South Korean brands, excelling in everything from heavy industry to ships, gantry cranes, generators, cars and consumer electronics. You name it, they build it and extremely well.

They've come a long way in the global marketplace in a short time and now make the world's most desirable products while everyone else explains away their shortcomings with the usual excuse of feduciary responsibility to the shareholders to cut costs (i.e. slave workforce) while maximizing profits, not only an impatient, unfortunate and shortsighted goal but also the death knell to every once-great brand.

Draw your own conclusions but for me, after thirty years of unflinching Honda patronage, I'm going to be much more careful on the next, second biggest purchase of my life.
Sponsored

Last edited: