Would you buy your car again?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems most of the problems affect the Touring cars. Mine is just perfect and it's a lot of fun to drive!
I would buy it again and many other people think so, since the delivery time is over 3 months and if you want the car within the end of the year the dealers surcharge 1500$!
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Conceptually it's a great car, they just didn't have the quality control that they're known for in my opinion.

The subwoofer rattles and the CarPlay issues were really irritating. The dealerships not acknowledging those issues was worse.

I'd revisit the sedan for my wife after it gets a 6 speed and a revision to address the issues.

The coupe and the hatch need a makeover before I'd ever consider spending money on them. Hideous is not strong enough a word.
"Hideous"...Opinions are like A**holes everybody has one :lol:

LennyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic EX Coupe, '04 Mazdaspeed Miata
I remember when "Made in Japan" meant crap in the 70s but then they collectively got their act together, giving customers top-notch products, not just cars. Then Sony turned to crap along with Toyota and now Honda. Their Japanese design teams are great but their manufacturing, not so much. Every Japanese, like American company is eagerly racing headlong into the cheapest skilled workforce on the planet they can find. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened shop in Haiti next.
You may not like Toyota's cars, but don't think that they haven't kept the quality up. Lexus and Toyota are one-two in the Consumer Reports reliability rankings based on tens of thousands of survey results. In January, my wife traded in a 2004 Sienna van with 230K miles that had zero problems in 12 years and got a hybrid RAV4 that has been flawless for the first 18K. The 2016 RAV seems to be built just as well as the 2004 Sienna from what I can tell (I'm a mechanical engineer), and it gets 35 mpg. She loves it.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
While I wouldn't argue your personal, empirical knowledge of Toyota quality, I still maintain that design-wise, they're just as stale as my dirty socks. We know the quality is there but why approve senseless, 80s designs? I seem to end up with Corolla "GTs", when I travel and rent cars and let me say, there is nothing "GT" about them performance-wise and if my right knee is still hitting a hard piece of plastic console despite this thirty-year-old complaint, I'd say Toyota either doesn't get it or doesn't care.

Toyota still thinks they can throw a bunch of plastic on a cardboard box, give it less power than my weedeater, slap a "GT" badge on it and exploit their diminishing reputation but consumers know better.

Last edited:

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
really havent had any issues.bought the car to replace my wifes 1993 nissan sentra,which she loved but it was getting pretty old and crappy.thought she would be happier with a new reliable car,modern brakes and safety features but all she does is bitch about missing the nissan.maybe i should keep the honda and toss the wife?
Sponsored