Would you buy your car again?

StevieJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I wish I would have stepped up to an EX-L, but other than that I've been satisfied.
Sponsored

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I am only a week into ownership here. As I've mentioned several times, I came from this beauty - (http://imgur.com/a/aGrq4).

I miss the looks of that car, but the Honda is nice in its own right, it's own way. I like the interior look of the Mustang better, but I like the comfort and the features of the interior of the Honda better. I liked the growl the Mustang had, especially when it would idle before I backed out of the garage on my way to work. But, OTOH I like the smooth quietness of the Honda too. I spend a decent amount of my time in my car everyday - about 90 mins to 2 hours for the most part - sometimes more. Features and comfort have come to mean a lot more to me right now than fun factor.

If I could own a weekend car I would definitely own another Mustang. But for a daily driver which right now is providing me with 40+ mpgs on my commute and has 4 doors for my two sons... Again I am only a week in, but I am pretty damn satisfied. As gorgeous as my previous car was, completely fund to drive (but agonizing to keep clean) this car is actually more perfect for me now.

The only thing I might have done differently if I had the money was opt for the Touring, but I really didn't want the sensing package so perhaps I made the right choice. I don't want my car making decisions for me - and I don't want more gadgets that I don't need going wrong either. It completely freaks me out to give control to a computer.

So the answer for me is a resounding YES - I would buy it again. It has some flaws (no lumbar support, loud tires, goofy 3 tone interior because of the gray pillars and ceiling, a front grille I am not completely in love with, dual exhaust that you can't see without adding accessories, busy non-attractive wheels) but the good and great out-weight these for me by a ton. I could not be much happier a week in.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I am only a week into ownership here. As I've mentioned several times, I came from this beauty - (http://imgur.com/a/aGrq4).

I miss the looks of that car, but the Honda is nice in its own right, it's own way. I like the interior look of the Mustang better, but I like the comfort and the features of the interior of the Honda better. I liked the growl the Mustang had, especially when it would idle before I backed out of the garage on my way to work. But, OTOH I like the smooth quietness of the Honda too. I spend a decent amount of my time in my car everyday - about 90 mins to 2 hours for the most part - sometimes more. Features and comfort have come to mean a lot more to me right now than fun factor.

If I could own a weekend car I would definitely own another Mustang. But for a daily driver which right now is providing me with 40+ mpgs on my commute and has 4 doors for my two sons... Again I am only a week in, but I am pretty damn satisfied. As gorgeous as my previous car was, completely fund to drive (but agonizing to keep clean) this car is actually more perfect for me now.

The only thing I might have done differently if I had the money was opt for the Touring, but I really didn't want the sensing package so perhaps I made the right choice. I don't want my car making decisions for me - and I don't want more gadgets that I don't need going wrong either. It completely freaks me out to give control to a computer.

So the answer for me is a resounding YES - I would buy it again. It has some flaws (no lumbar support, loud tires, goofy 3 tone interior because of the gray pillars and ceiling, a front grille I am not completely in love with, dual exhaust that you can't see without adding accessories, busy non-attractive wheels) but the good and great out-weight these for me by a ton. I could not be much happier a week in.
Honda senseing is the one thing I love the most...with one use, it pays for itself. I feel that Honda went 1 step on the cheap side with some details and body design. The other of course is the Infotainment, my achilles heel of this car.

Last edited:

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero complaints with my infotainment system. Then again, I have had a few aftermarket head units over the years (most recently the Pioneer NEX4100) with apple car play.

I have never driven a car with sensing in it, so I cannot speak intelligently on it from the aspect of actually using it. But in theory - for me, in my opinion - allowing a car to make decisions for you is not something I am interested in. I do not need help to pay attention to the world around me. I don't need the car to steer me back into my lane. I just need the car to take my input and do what it's supposed to. One less thing that can break is always a good thing to me.

Edmunds review was quite harsh on the sensing and they seemed to point out that it is overzealous. So when I read that with an already against bias, it doesn't exactly make me want to spend the extra $1k. And I am not sure how exactly it can pay for itself.

As for "cheap side" - it's a cheap car in the grand scheme of things, so the fact that the hood can be pushed in and make the sound of a snapple bottle top doesn't surprise me. The fact that the plastics inside aren't all the finest soft plastics and the leather isn't Napa doesn't surprise me. It's a budget car, not a luxury vehicle. Quite frankly, for the price I think they squeezed a lot into it.

JediSkipdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Definitely would NOT buy again. We had so many issues with the first one they bought it back. The second one now is having the same issues as the first and then some new ones. They are placing the blame on us. They say we ca't have anything plugged in the cigarette lighter that is not standard to Honda. So what's the point of it then? They claim our worse gas mileage on the replacement is the brands we are using. We are using the same brands. And they say the grinding noise from the engine is alright and doesn't harm the vehicle. Our first one never did it and I'm not sure how grinding is alright.

Totally disappointed in Honda.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
It could pay for itself if CMBS prevents a collision that would result in costly repairs.
Yeah and what if it causes one because the guy behind you wasn't quick enough? Sorry just playing devils advocate. I just think we've become too reliant on technology.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
It could pay for itself if CMBS prevents a collision that would result in costly repairs.
I was down on Sensing (see prior post in this thread) until Lane departure warning woke me up one time when I fell asleep at the wheel after I'd been on the road for about 7 hours. I think LKAS probably kept me on the road for a few moments before that. Going 75, I'm sure it's possible that it could have turned into a fatal accident, so Sensing may have saved my life.

At the end of the day, things like LDW and Collision Mitigation should be standard across the board. Defeatable, but standard.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yeah and what if it causes one because the guy behind you wasn't quick enough? Sorry just playing devils advocate. I just think we've become too reliant on technology.
Well, I see technologies like CMBS like an absolute last resort driving aid. Of course, everyone should remain attentive while driving and be able to brake and slow down before a collision becomes a possibility and before CMBS even senses danger. But if there is that one time, only once, someone is distracted a second or two and CMBS prevents a collision (saving trouble and money) or mitigates one (preventing injuries), it could be considered paid for itself.

Concerning your first sentence though, of course the car following behind could still provoke an accident but that would be a possibility equally if the CivicX driver manually brakes suddenly or CMBS engages. I mean, anyway, when CMBS engages, it's because a frontal collision was imminent. So yeah, in your example, the CMBS would replace a frontal collision for a rear collision. Without CMBS, it could have been a double collision, us hitting the car in front and the car behind hitting us.

I was down on Sensing (see prior post in this thread) until Lane departure warning woke me up one time when I fell asleep at the wheel after I'd been on the road for about 7 hours. I think LKAS probably kept me on the road for a few moments before that. Going 75, I'm sure it's possible that it could have turned into a fatal accident, so Sensing may have saved my life.

At the end of the day, things like LDW and Collision Mitigation should be standard across the board. Defeatable, but standard.
In your case, Sensing is definitely paid for now. Of course in the perfect situation, you shouldn't have been driving while feeling sleepy but hey, we are not perfect and it happens. That one time you needed it, LKAS saved you and your car from going into the ditch at high speed.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If you want the Touring, but don't want the sensing, you can turn off all of the sensing features.

Sounds a little wasteful, but if you really want the Touring ...

Personally I like the sensing package, but to each their own I guess.

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
I very much like my car. I bought it in the end of June, and have only had two issue (8k miles on it so far)... the 3rd break light cover keeps falling down, and the car randomly beeps sometimes when I leave it (even when I have the keys). Both are not a big deal. I came from an old 96 Rodeo that did not have A/C, Bluetooth, Cruse Control, Power Windows, etc. It was also breaking down about every month so I was always under the hood working on it which got old. This new car is a dream, and for the price amazing. My 2016 coupe LX-P was a steal for 19k (23K with upgrades, Tax, Title, and 5 year 90k mile warranty). Would not hesitate to buy again. If it starts breaking down the warranty should cover it so no big deal. I knew it was a first year model so I made sure to buy the extended warranty. I did a lot of research and you can't find a car that comes close to this one for the same price. Best car on the market for it's price rang IMO. The 2017 will be even better, with all the kinks worked out.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I very much like my car. I bought it in the end of June, and have only had two issue (8k miles on it so far)... the 3rd break light cover keeps falling down, and the car randomly beeps sometimes when I leave it (even when I have the keys). Both are not a big deal. I came from an old 96 Rodeo that did not have A/C, Bluetooth, Cruse Control, Power Windows, etc. It was also breaking down about every month so I was always under the hood working on it which got old. This new car is a dream, and for the price amazing. My 2016 coupe LX-P was a steal for 19k (23K with upgrades, Tax, Title, and 5 year 90k mile warranty). Would not hesitate to buy again. If it starts breaking down the warranty should cover it so no big deal. I knew it was a first year model so I made sure to buy the extended warranty. I did a lot of research and you can't find a car that comes close to this one for the same price. Best car on the market for it's price rang IMO. The 2017 will be even better, with all the kinks worked out.
Welcome, lol I had a 94 Rodeo 4wd for six years one of the most dependable cars I ever had, replaced timing belt that was it, as far as the car beeping it's I believe supposed do that, 3rd brake light deal search threads many out there on that issue

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Yah I loved that car also, but finally I decided I needed an upgrade. It had over 150,000 miles and there was just to much wrong with it. The previous owner did not treat it to well. I kept it for 4 years.

I saw the fixes for the 3rd break light. Not to worried about it. When I get my first oil change I will have the dealer look it. Hopefully they will have an official fix out by then. Surprised about the beeping... what is the point of it beeping as I get out of the car?

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yah I loved that car also, but finally I decided I needed an upgrade. It had over 150,000 miles and there was just to much wrong with it. The previous owner did not treat it to well. I kept it for 4 years.

I saw the fixes for the 3rd break light. Not to worried about it. When I get my first oil change I will have the dealer look it. Hopefully they will have an official fix out by then. Surprised about the beeping... what is the point of it beeping as I get out of the car?
It used to tick like hell but always ran great but everything started wearing out so yeah time to go lol
Just watch out for glare caused by flopping cover, especially when windows are fogging, kinda blinds drivers behind you that's how I found out about mine detaching

Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I would buy it (EX in MSM) again but I probably should've waited another year. Some body panel fit issues that aren't exactly world class but nothing too bad. I like it's driving dynamics but not some details of the front and rear styling but, given the choice, I'd rather have it this way than the other way around. It's my first Honda car so no previous ones to compare to. Bought it in Jan. and only have 1800 miles on it. I live in the salt belt so I mostly drove my '96 F150 on the messy roads and kept the new Civic in the garage until nice weather. It's been back to the dealer just once for the piston clip recall (all OK) but, so far, no other issues. Obviously it's way too early to judge durability
Sponsored