Would you buy your car again?

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
See that is interesting because my experience is the complete opposite. My Mazda was horrible and I had it in the shop more than on the road. Whereas my Honda touring has been great with no issues. I guess it all depends on what run that vehicle came off. Every manufacture has their share of "lemons" and it sounds like yours fits that bill. It's too bad. Especially when you spend what you did on a new vehicle.
Not so sure "lemon" fits here, The car is just cheaply made. Mine is no different than any one else.

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except mine does not rattle, things are not falling off, and I have no infotainment issues. You said you have all those things. Makes it very different than mine.
I feel lucky, others have had worse issues. Driving this car and comparing to a recent Mazda, this feels incredibly cheap to me. I owned a 2011 Mazda 3, and 2015 Mazda 6 before the Civic. The plastics are cheap and scratch easily, the leather is not up to par, the body panels flex like crazy. Hell, even the floor mats are crap compared to Mazda. It goes on and on. I guess it might be personal taste, but if you sit in a 2016 Mazda and compare, you will notice these things right away. I am not trying to compare to a $75k vehicle either. I have not had a single person sit in my Civic and not recognize the difference in quality compared to my Mazdas. The Civic could have been much better. The issues posted all over this forum and others should have been addressed prior to release. I believe there was major lack of testing with this vehicle. Granted, that would not help with the cheap build, but it would have helped with other issues.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Speaking of leather, are the seats actually made with vinyl with leather trim?

gb714us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Got black. It looks great when it's clean, but being able to see every little water spot, swirl mark, and speck of dust makes me with I'd gone with Modern Steel or Aegean Blue
Ill trade you my modern steel for your black ;)

bigjee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
I feel lucky, others have had worse issues. Driving this car and comparing to a recent Mazda, this feels incredibly cheap to me. I owned a 2011 Mazda 3, and 2015 Mazda 6 before the Civic. The plastics are cheap and scratch easily, the leather is not up to par, the body panels flex like crazy. Hell, even the floor mats are crap compared to Mazda. It goes on and on. I guess it might be personal taste, but if you sit in a 2016 Mazda and compare, you will notice these things right away. I am not trying to compare to a $75k vehicle either. I have not had a single person sit in my Civic and not recognize the difference in quality compared to my Mazdas. The Civic could have been much better. The issues posted all over this forum and others should have been addressed prior to release. I believe there was major lack of testing with this vehicle. Granted, that would not help with the cheap build, but it would have helped with other issues.
Great info.
I'm like the OP waiting on the sidelines till they iron out the issues (not to keen on gambling right now if I'll get one with issues or without).
That being said below is a video that shows that the mazda is a pretty good alternative. i can definitely see where you are coming from. (SPOILER alert: they have paddle shifters in the Australia; NA always gets crappy stuff)

Last edited:

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info.
I'm like the OP waiting on the sidelines till they iron out the issues (not to keen on gambling right now if I'll get one with issues or without).
That being said below is a video that shows that the mazda is a pretty good alternative. i can definitely see where you are coming from.

I don't want anyone here to think I am bashing the Civic, after all I did buy a touring coupe. I am just being honest, the build quality is sub-par to some of the competition. If it wasn't for some of the tech features that caught my eye, I would stick with a Mazda. I don't think you can go wrong with either car in the end.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Yeah, only had it for 2-3 weeks so no buyers remorse yet lol. I got the EX-T would have like the EX-L, but they didn't have it. I have leather seats in my other car it gets hot in the summer, but I think it makes the car look a lot nicer.

bobgio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Manual
Have an White LX...and couldnt be happier. As far as the Mazda comment goes....mazda are crap...owned by FORD...I have a 2006 Mazda MPV with nothing but problems. ZERO issues with the civic! That being said, I did make sure that mine was not part of the recall before buying. And I was 100% going with black until I really researched colours...white is easy to maintain and with the black accents looks sharp...Here is mine with 2015 civic si rims!

Honda Civic 10th gen Would you buy your car again? 20160430_135331

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
I have had my red Touring for 7 mos and around 7k miles. It is still the best car I have ever owned, value wise. There is no way a better car exists, imo, than this for the money paid. I love it every single time I get in it. I am enamored with it. We have owned Lexus (new LS400 long ago), my wife drives a Mercedes 460Gl, I have owned porsches and other nice cars. This one is the best bang for the buck, to me, period. I am very surprised more aren't on the roads but the Touring does go into mid Accord territory price wise. I call this Civic "my forever car". It is my 5th one and I hope I own it forever (at least as a 3rd car for our 2 person family).

xtenant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I need some advice before buying my new 2016 Civic EX. I was so exited to buy my first brand new car, and when I saw the new Civic I knew that was it. Now, after reading many threads I'm not so sure anymore.

With all the problems a lot of people are having I'm scared to buy it now. Ex: A/C unit not working, touch screen not working, windshield cracking, gas leaking when fillin up, cameras not working, etc, etc.

Do you have any advise for me? Anybody with good reviews?

Thanks in advance.
No, I will not purchase the 2016 Civic Touring again. Not so much because of the car itself. The car does have issue. There annoying, but they can be repaired. I would purchase an Acura ILX. Close to the same price, but with MUCH BETTER after purchase service. Good Luck