Would you buy your car again?

AZlai25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Aveo
I need some advice before buying my new 2016 Civic EX. I was so exited to buy my first brand new car, and when I saw the new Civic I knew that was it. Now, after reading many threads I'm not so sure anymore.

With all the problems a lot of people are having I'm scared to buy it now. Ex: A/C unit not working, touch screen not working, windshield cracking, gas leaking when fillin up, cameras not working, etc, etc.

Do you have any advise for me? Anybody with good reviews?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
No I wouldn't buy my EX-T again... I'd buy a touring instead.

It's a great car... Most ppl come to forums to complain. Happy people are quiet. I've not had any issues with my car at all. It's always run perfectly and that mileage still shocks me every time I fill up.

Great, fun, reliable, affordable car. Get one, you won't regret it.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
imho....spend the extra grand and get the turbo version if you can swing it...you won't regret it ;) loving mine - lots of power in reserve and getting over 40 mpg easy :)

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't. I have many many issues with my touring. I wish I waited for 2017 so maybe some of the issues would have been resolved.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I would buy Touring again. No problems after 8k miles and 6+ months.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just under 12k miles, I've had a few minor issues but they've been dealt with through software updates.

Yeah, I'd buy again. All the goodies of the Touring + the driving experience at this price and in this class is unbeatable. Only thing I'd change is I'd probably look for an Aegean Blue.

Quiet, great MPG, great usable power, smooth, more tech than anything else in the class, good interior/materials quality, unique exterior styling, etc...

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Yeah but I would definitely upgrade to the touring. Way worth it.

chriswcalif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Civic Touring Coupe purchased in April. Absolutely I would buy this car again! Great handling, gas mileage, performance, and a really nice interior. 4200 miles and I've had to tighten a loose screw to stop a rattle and reattach the rear brake light cover. This is small change on a brand new design...

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Love my Touring!!! No major issues at all. Yes the infotainment can be quirky but software updates will address these. I've had mine since Nov and have 12k kms on it. I would definitely buy it again!

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I love my Civic but I'm just leasing it which puts me into a different perspective. So far, the only problem is panel fitment and the C-pillar dimple. I know better than to buy a first-year production and my logic is correct but since I'm turning it in later and I just need an appliance, I'm satisfied.

However, if I were working full time and paying to own this car, I would be disappointed. I know other marques have a guy with a white glove crouch and peek at the sides and run his hand along to check for fitment. It's obvious that American-made Hondas completely lack that quality control nor any quality control it seems. Combined with Honda Financial's new sleaziness, I'll probably jump ship after being a loyal, 20-year customer.

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
I am personally disappointed with my Touring Coupe. Honda build quality seems very cheap to me coming over from Mazda. It will probably be my first and last Honda. The car rattles out of the gate, the infotainment system was released without proper testing, parts fall off. I never had a single issue with Mazda, and build quality in and out kills Honda. What sold me on the Civic was the tech, but that doesn't seem to be all it was cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great and drives well, but it does not come close to other cars when it comes to build quality. I will trade it in as soon as Mazda incorporates Android Auto into their vehicles.

David Hughes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I am personally disappointed with my Touring Coupe. Honda build quality seems very cheap to me coming over from Mazda. It will probably be my first and last Honda. The car rattles out of the gate, the infotainment system was released without proper testing, parts fall off. I never had a single issue with Mazda, and build quality in and out kills Honda. What sold me on the Civic was the tech, but that doesn't seem to be all it was cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great and drives well, but it does not come close to other cars when it comes to build quality. I will trade it in as soon as Mazda incorporates Android Auto into their vehicles.
See that is interesting because my experience is the complete opposite. My Mazda was horrible and I had it in the shop more than on the road. Whereas my Honda touring has been great with no issues. I guess it all depends on what run that vehicle came off. Every manufacture has their share of "lemons" and it sounds like yours fits that bill. It's too bad. Especially when you spend what you did on a new vehicle.
Sponsored