Would it bother you? (Metallic paint anomaly)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I think you're within full rights to be a bit anal about it, I would be too. I was kinda like that when I found a scratch on the lower part of the front bumper two days after purchase. I bought at night, too, so it wasn't obvious, and who knows, it may have happened on the drive home/sometime after purchase.

I think it'll vary dealer to dealer unfortunately with how they would handle this.

IMO, wait until your first door ding/scratch, then it'll be more trivial...

Can you get a decent pic of it? Just for curiosity's sake.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Is that a scratch? You could try and buff it out if it was, doesn't look like it tho.

Also even if they want to repaint it, I don't recommend it due to the fact that the paint job will always be not as great as the factory setting. So in the long run you are probably worse off from them fixing it. I say enjoy it and treat it as a unique character.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Paint defect. Looks like there may have been some contaminants on the body before paint.. If you could live with it I would just leave it, because with my experience at least, paint repairs never turn out as good as factory (blending, clear coat, orange peel etc) there were 2 of the models I wanted at my dealer and I am picky about scratches especially on a new car. Glad I did because the one had a decent size scratch on the bumper.. Just because these cars are new off the lot, they still go through a lot before they see dealers. Inspect before purchase! But all in all I would leave the "defect",, gives your car personality imo ;) good luck with whatever you decide!
Sponsored