Would anyone want a stock cat back Si coupe exhaust?

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Title says it all really. I'll be installing my exhaust in a week or two, and I was wondering what to do with it, since it can't be broken down without a saw. Would anyone want or need a stock set up before I hack it up and store/toss it?
Sponsored

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have mine up for sale in the marketplace but no one has bitten as of yet.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt anyone will buy. Shipping cost alone would be greater than $500 since it's so big. I sold my OEM front grille and shipping cost was gonna be $160, more than I sold the damn thing for nor what it's worth new. The UPS guy was nice though and dropped the price down significantly so I actually made some profit at the end of the day.

If anything you might be able to haggle with an exhaust shop, they can probably chop it up and use it for parts, although it won't be much.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I doubt anyone will buy. Shipping cost alone would be greater than $500 since it's so big. I sold my OEM front grille and shipping cost was gonna be $160, more than I sold the damn thing for nor what it's worth new. The UPS guy was nice though and dropped the price down significantly so I actually made some profit at the end of the day.

If anything you might be able to haggle with an exhaust shop, they can probably chop it up and use it for parts, although it won't be much.
Yeah I didn't think it would be that bad lol if I had my own garage I'd keep it, but maybe I'll just cut it and store it in case I ever revert back to stock.

BSbrenden97Si

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Some dude bought mine as a collector item in his wall garage :rolleyes::rolleyes: $40 sold before moving where I couldn’t store away

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I would hold on to it if I were you. From personal experience:

Most people chasing sound install a performance exhaust
They throw away the stock exhaust
Realize it's too loud and the drone starts to get annoying
Spend money trying to quiet it down
Regret throwing away the stock exhaust

Another note, when and if you decide to sell your car at a later time, a lot of people will pass yours up or offer you less money, which happened in my case when I sold my 2018. If you hold on to your stock exhaust, you can reinstall it and sell the performance exhaust, which is easier to sell than your stock exhaust. What I'm saying is, there are more pro's holding on to it than getting rid of it, that is unless you have no place to store it

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hold onto that 'ish. Recently swapped for a Greddy catback and luckily I have a basement I can put mine in, just in case the drone gets old or I decide to sell/trade. I plan on driving until it dies since I bought it new and that's the only way to get your money's worth with depreciation... But I'm still keeping my stock exhaust. If you have a place to keep it and don't intend on moving for a while, definitely hang onto that.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
thanks yall, I ended up being able to rent a pipe cutter and cut it into pieces that fit under my bed lol if i need to reinstall it i can just have a shop weld it for me i guess.