jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
So I need to look on my ECU for the number? Mine is also a 2018 so I will wait till it’s supported before I buy it. And what’s the difference of the v2 and 1.2?
Year doesn't matter. I have a 2018 Civic and i'm currently tuned on the KTuner V1.2. You should 100% buy a device regardless because even if the device doesn't support you ECU, the device actually reads your ECU number for you to email to KTuner, and they will roll out an update that specifically supports your ECU. I did exactly that and within a couple of weeks an update was rolled out that supported my car.

To answer your second quesiton, KTuner V1.2 NEEDS to be connected to your laptop and ECU Via a wire to tune the car from your laptop and it shows all of the info you need on your laptop. The V2 has a display and tunes built into the device so you can do all of your tuning and stuff directly from the KTuner. I went with the V1.2 as I didn't really need the extra functionality and it worked great.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Year doesn't matter. I have a 2018 Civic and i'm currently tuned on the KTuner V1.2. You should 100% buy a device regardless because even if the device doesn't support you ECU, the device actually reads your ECU number for you to email to KTuner, and they will roll out an update that specifically supports your ECU. I did exactly that and within a couple of weeks an update was rolled out that supported my car.

To answer your second quesiton, KTuner V1.2 NEEDS to be connected to your laptop and ECU Via a wire to tune the car from your laptop and it shows all of the info you need on your laptop. The V2 has a display and tunes built into the device so you can do all of your tuning and stuff directly from the KTuner. I went with the V1.2 as I didn't really need the extra functionality and it worked great.
Good deal. Thanks jred721. I guess I’ll be ordering mine soon.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So I need to look on my ECU for the number? Mine is also a 2018 so I will wait till it’s supported before I buy it. And what’s the difference of the v2 and 1.2?
If you have an unsupported number the only to get it supported is to get a unit and download the ECU contents, or wait until Honda issues updates somewhere down the line.

In addition to what was mentioned above see our products page for info on both units. www.KTuner.com/products

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check your ECU with the Ktuner list as 2018 are already supported

Leanne927

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Uh, yes. It is quite noticeable, and actually quantified in the ktuner 2.0 thread. Improved throttle response (the car is ready to jump at the lightest pedal press), amazing low and high end acceleration, and vtec response is sooner at the top end. It's honestly the best power improvement you could ask for that is emissions legal. I'm still getting used to it, but it makes city driving, and high speed tollway driving much more exciting. In Texas, our tollways are 75-85mph, and makes it a lot more engaging when passing. Initial acceleration went from "meh, I guess" to actually pushing me back into my seat.

Worth $450? Well, nothing else is going to give you the same improvement for the cost, so yeah.

The only problem I have with it is that it encourages further improvement of your wheels, suspension and brakes. The car itself is balanced perfectly around the stock power. I'm really anxious for my rims to come in so I can slap the Z rated tires on them that I already have sitting in my garage, and have plans for improving the latter. Oh, also expect lower gas mileage cuz it makes your foot a little heavier, lol.
Uh, yes. It is quite noticeable, and actually quantified in the ktuner 2.0 thread. Improved throttle response (the car is ready to jump at the lightest pedal press), amazing low and high end acceleration, and vtec response is sooner at the top end. It's honestly the best power improvement you could ask for that is emissions legal. I'm still getting used to it, but it makes city driving, and high speed tollway driving much more exciting. In Texas, our tollways are 75-85mph, and makes it a lot more engaging when passing. Initial acceleration went from "meh, I guess" to actually pushing me back into my seat.

Worth $450? Well, nothing else is going to give you the same improvement for the cost, so yeah.

The only problem I have with it is that it encourages further improvement of your wheels, suspension and brakes. The car itself is balanced perfectly around the stock power. I'm really anxious for my rims to come in so I can slap the Z rated tires on them that I already have sitting in my garage, and have plans for improving the latter. Oh, also expect lower gas mileage cuz it makes your foot a little heavier, lol.
Hey, is there a company you recommend for a ktuner? I want to tune my civic that is also 2.0 but want to get a good brand. Thanks in advance!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, is there a company you recommend for a ktuner? I want to tune my civic that is also 2.0 but want to get a good brand. Thanks in advance!
KTuner is a device brand. You can get a KTuner from many sources including Phearable, Two Step Performance and many others. There is the basic V1.2 model and the V2 touchscreen model. The KTuner software includes a tune for your engine.
Sponsored