Status
Not open for further replies.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Sorry this happened to you, OP :( I’ve had my Trans Am stolen from me from work back when I had a retail job and another car broken into at the open lot of my last employer by smashing in the window. I now actually take into consideration if a workplace has secured parking before taking a position there. Same with renting an apartment, I don’t rent from places with open parking as vehicle theft is common here in Dallas.

Last edited:

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I am so sorry to hear about this. Maybe the not-so-smart thieves thought it was a debadged Type R that suddenly showed up in the lot, with the red H and all.... :D

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the reasons I bought one of those Gorilla wheel lock "systems" where all the lugs on every wheel are a lock. Just makes it that much more of a PITA for thieves if they want my wheels.

Last edited:

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yup. He had the wheels stolen off his '17 Civic Si and his girlfriend's '17 Accord Sport in Bethlehem, PA last week.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-wheels-were-stolen.17216/

Interestingly, all these vehicles were placed on the same type of common landscaping stones, but positioned differently.
Quite common from what I understand. I'm across the country from OP and had identical pavers under my car.

One of the reasons I bought on of those Gorilla wheel lock "systems" where all the lugs on every wheel are a lock. Just makes it that much more of a PITA for thieves if they want my wheels.
If memory serves me correctly there is sadly only one system for our vehicles at the moment. The really aggressive locking systems with spinning splines have a different seating. I found it odd that Gorilla did not make one for OEM honda applications.

The Mcgard version is the same system used by Honda OEM.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't see the spinning spline ones but they do make one that works on our stock wheels. It may not be completely theftproof but it just makes it that much more likely a thief will see that and say "too much hassle".

deanysus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
There's a complex next door where my friend lives that have witnessed some of these construction workers hopping the fence and literally breaking into their apartments. Something that has never happened in this 1 mile radius. None of this happened until the past week.
Damn. That's a good way to get yourself shot here in TX.

But the Honda wheel steeling seems to be a trend now. Looking up the news, it's all over the place. They seem to really like the new wheels on Hondas now.

Rojer

ANW Pirate Ninja
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback RED
Damn. That's a good way to get yourself shot here in TX.

But the Honda wheel steeling seems to be a trend now. Looking up the news, it's all over the place. They seem to really like the new wheels on Hondas now.
Pew pew #TexasStrong

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
You need to invest in a camera or go around the area asking people if they have footage of that night.

pristine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sports Hatch
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. I bought my car with tire locks on them already. From reading the posts in this thread, looks like my dealership did me a solid by giving them to me for free.
I agree with everyone else about the tire locks. It is a must even for the OEM wheels.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wheel locks, all-weather floor mats, trunk tray, splash guards - I ask for these to be thrown in practically every time I buy a new car. They're relatively cheap, so dealerships are more likely to throw them in to make the sale, and they are super easy to remove if you end up not liking them.

OP
OP
meow

meow

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport & 2017 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Blaming the "undocumented immigrants" is so obnoxious and unnecessary, especially since you have no proof other than paranoia. A set of wheel locks is a few bucks...
Pretty obnoxious is correct. I've installed cameras since then and I have a set of wheels from a Honda Pilot/Nissan 240sx as of the moment right now. I installed dash cams in my car this past week and have reviewed them religiously. Guess what? The undocumented laborers have been walking around my car checking to see if I got new wheels on yet. Don't speak on something you don't know.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I'm getting more :fear: about my wheels as these topics keep coming up. One problem with wheel locks is that it'll encourage the daring ones to break your windows and try to get the lock key from either your trunk or glove box. Even if you keep the key well hidden, you could end up with a broken window to deal with.
By that logic, you might as well always leave your car door unlocked as well because if someone wants to break in, they'll break your window.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.