Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
2016 Civic EX
110289 KMS
It's a bit of a story.
I found the suspension isn't strong enough. I was about to go to a Mechanic.
My neighbor is a DIY guy and insisted on doing it ourselves so that we save the costs.
We found oil leak on the front left strut and changed both the struts (shocks), vertical stabilizers, brake pads with rotors.
I bought the parts at Canadian Tire, NAPA (Monroe struts, NAPA Stabilizers, OE+ Brakes)

Since then,
a. I feel the suspension isn't strong enough as before. It's new but it's not same like from Honda.
b. I feel some vibration on front left (driver side). Especially on a bumpy road
c. I've visited few mechanics in my area and no one could find the exact issue
d. My neighbor and the mechanics did the Ply test and some basic tests but nothing we could find. They say bearings are good, wheels are good, outer tie rods are good and everything is good
e. Before going to the dealer and they rip me out, I want to check with you once how deep and where could be the issue. So that I can explain them better.

Everything is tight under the hood. But the issue is there for sure.
Google says: Brake Pulsation, Rotor Vibrations above the bearings but nothing seems applicable in my case.

Here is a sample image of wobbling. Just for reference: (https://i.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPT.../Pdcgfgk4LDdeKmayYb/giphy-downsized-large.gif)
Sponsored

Last edited:

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Given the fact that you've had the whole front suspension apart, it's likely it needs an alignment done.

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Check your axles for excessive play (up & down) at the joints. With how annoying it is to do stock front struts, there’s a possibility that you hyperextended the axles.

Make sure the struts are fully seated, there’s a tab on the back side that sits inside the cut out of the knuckle. As well as the springs being seated correctly on the bottom rubber isolator & against upper top-hat bearing.

Aftermarket OE (non-performance) swaybar links/stabilizers tend to be on the weaker side. Ensure they’re properly mounted and on the correct sides. Nissan tends to use side-specific links [L/R markings to their corresponding side], I don’t recall on my Civic.

Make sure lower ball joints aren’t worn.

***Key points would be ensuring that the struts are properly seated into the knuckle and your sway bar links are properly installed/needed to be greased. Those would be highlights for excessive body sway and weak steering.
Get an alignment once you confirm those key components. Alignment will dial things in and tighten it up a bit but, you gotta make sure all your suspension work is 100% or else you’d be wasting time/money.

OP
OP

yashwanthbeeravelli

First Name
Yashwanth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
One question.
The Monroe struts came with a rubber tip on the top. Should I keep it or remove it?
What is it for?
I have highlighted in the attached picture where the rubber is.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wobbling in the front since struts are changed Monroe_

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
One question.
The Monroe struts came with a rubber tip on the top. Should I keep it or remove it?
What is it for?
I have highlighted in the attached picture where the rubber is.

Monroe_.jpg
It's just another dust boot for the top mount. The OEM strut has a rubber boot there too.