First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Hello fellow civic owners,

Wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the 2017 Honda Civic LX sedan (6mt). Specifically for the harness that comes into the vehicle through the grommet in the drivers side footwell.

I installed a sub/amp this weekend and when cutting the grommet accidentally sliced one of the wires in the harness(blue), and knicked on other(light green). I am going to open the grommet up and repair the connection but would like to have an idea of what the cut wire was so that I can keep an eye on the potential functions after repairing to make sure there are no issues. I've attached a picture for reference showing the sliced & knicked wires.

PSA FOR ANYONE CUTTING THROUGH HERE, MAKE SURE TO CUT VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE HARNESS AS THE WIRES ARE NOT TAPED ON THE INSIDE LIKE THEY ARE ON THE OUTSIDE. Everything went smoothly with the install, until this happened....

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring Diagram? 20200921_174435
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Yikes.

I don't have a diagram. But that harness might terminate at the under hood fuse box (or maybe the under dash fuse box). You may be able to trace the severed blue wire from the other end. Or I suppose you could just try the accessories one by one and go trial and error. I believe the green wire is easily repairable. But whatever it does may have tripped a fuse during the *(cough)* surgery.

Good luck. And sorry that happened.

OP
OP

Escapingreality

First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Yikes.

I don't have a diagram. But that harness might terminate at the under hood fuse box (or maybe the under dash fuse box). You may be able to trace the severed blue wire from the other end. Or I suppose you could just try the accessories one by one and go trial and error. I believe the green wire is easily repairable. But whatever it does may have tripped a fuse during the *(cough)* surgery.

Good luck. And sorry that happened.
I have yet to reconnect the battery and this happen while I had the battery disconnected so should be ok on the fuse, going to fix the connection today but looks like its the drivers door unlock motor from the diagram I was able to find so should be able to keep an eye on it to make sure the connection is good.

Thanks!

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
That sounds promising. If nothing else; you could fish a replacement wire from either end and connect them. The gauge makes me believe they carry power as you stated.

Fingers crossed.

Behni10

First Name
Behni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan (1.5T)
Country flag
I know this thread is almost a year old, but were you stating that the dark blue wire was for the drivers door unlock motor?

Wonder if the blue wire is for something else on my 2016 Civic EX-T Sedan (CVT).

I ripped the blue wire doing the exact same thing, but now when I start the car, it just sputters and turns off within a few seconds. ?

Do you happen to know where I can find a wiring diagram?
Sponsored