Wireless charging pad, instead of built in wireless charging pad.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Lets be honest, the 200+ QI charging pad to be installed in the civic is a bit to much in price, and seems to take a good amount of time taking the dash apart to properly wire it.

I am looking at getting a wireless charging pad, and connecting to the power to the cigarette lighter. Any thoughts or good pad recommendations that worked well in that spot? I don't want the pad to be too tall and allow the phone to slide out.

Thanks!
Sponsored

branvan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 6MT
Country flag
The bigger issue I've had with trying to make this work is that none of the wireless chargers I've come across have any grip and even with the silicone case on my iPhone, it still slides around on the pad some.The phone has never slid completely out of that area but it does frequently move just enough to stop charging. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's found a pad with good grip as well; as of now, I've given up and gone back to the USB cable for charging.

OP
OP

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The bigger issue I've had with trying to make this work is that none of the wireless chargers I've come across have any grip and even with the silicone case on my iPhone, it still slides around on the pad some.The phone has never slid completely out of that area but it does frequently move just enough to stop charging. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's found a pad with good grip as well; as of now, I've given up and gone back to the USB cable for charging.
I noticed some of the wireless vent mounts are held by magnets. I wonder if the same concept can be applied. You would need to put some type of metal on your phone of course.

thatbvictor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport HFP
Country flag
Lets be honest, the 200+ QI charging pad to be installed in the civic is a bit to much in price, and seems to take a good amount of time taking the dash apart to properly wire it.
I guess it might seem pricey, but the convenience of not having to hassle with any of the stuff you're taking about, or plugging in my phone every time I get in the car, made getting one an easy decision for me.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The charging pad that is an OEM accessory is fantastic because the phone doesn’t move when it’s on the charger, even with aggressive cornering. I love mine. Sometimes I don’t need car play and I just drop it on the charger and I’m all set.

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Standard on the sport touring in Canada ;)

I think from a cleanness and function perspective, the OEM one will be way better than some jury rigged setup.

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance

I think from a cleanness and function perspective, the OEM one will be way better than some jury rigged setup.
The unit looks good and made for the Civic so the fit should be good. Like the usual way of charging, you just plug it in. I would think the OEM version would charge faster, though.

OP
OP

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

Lucky... Did you guys also get an option for heated steering wheel up there?