Wireless charger not working.

Maplefudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Hey, I have the 2017 Honda Civic Touring and the wireless charging pad was working and then i noticed within the last couple days i noticed when i put the phone on the charging pad it will go yellow for charging and then back to green then yellow and then green in seconds. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 so it is compatible with my phone. I'm not sure if its the charging pad itself or if its my phone. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It's positioning.

If it's rapidly changing from green-yellow, either your phone is too far away from the coil (due to a case), or it's misaligned with the coil. Move it around a bit, put it on its other end, and play around.

My old blackberry would only charge wirelessly properly when I had it at a very precise position. If I moved it just a bit, same thing would happen.

OP
OP
Maplefudge

Maplefudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
It's positioning.

If it's rapidly changing from green-yellow, either your phone is too far away from the coil (due to a case), or it's misaligned with the coil. Move it around a bit, put it on its other end, and play around.

My old blackberry would only charge wirelessly properly when I had it at a very precise position. If I moved it just a bit, same thing would happen.
I'll retry without the case. If not then I don't know what to do.

Mommahoops2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda accord sport
It's positioning.

My old blackberry would only charge wirelessly properly when I had it at a very precise position. If I moved it just a bit, same thing would happen.[/QUOTE

Did anybody find a solution

4DaFanS

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 s2000 & 2018 Type R
Country flag
I just noticed the wireless charging stopped working in car ... iPhone 8+ i put it to charge looks like it's charging but 30mins its still at same percent and super hot ... It was working 2-3 weeks ago but i put phone on another wireless charger where i work and it worked fine
I dont know if it's the new ios update though going to test with another phone

Dark-R

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the same issue, not charging light is on but not charging. phone gets hot and light turns back to green after awhile. I thought it was my phone, so I use a regular wireless charger and my phone charges fast. I also tried my Samsung S9 and iPhone X, both have same issue with my car's wireless charging.

Any solution?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have the same issue, not charging light is on but not charging. phone gets hot and light turns back to green after awhile. I thought it was my phone, so I use a regular wireless charger and my phone charges fast. I also tried my Samsung S9 and iPhone X, both have same issue with my car's wireless charging.

Any solution?
SOLUTION: You need a New Car Wireless Charger ..

It looks like everything in your testing points to a defective Wireless Car Charger.

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So, I will give me experience with this wireless charger. I have a 2016 Civic Touring and recently if I place my Samsung Galaxy S9 that is 90% battery life or higher it will charge it to 100%. If I put the phone with less than 80% battery life the charging pad will charge till 87% and thats it, the charging pad flashes to green light indicating the battery is full. So I have been searching and my local Honda dealer gave me a price of $900!!!! to replace it. WTF????? The parts guy did tell me, if it is charging and stopping it could be something with the phone?? But, the phone charges no problem on the Samsung wireless charger at home, so I dont know.
Sponsored