Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the Motorola MA1 and it works great. Just FYI for anyone interested.
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also managed to get one from target. MA1. Works great, drops connection on random though but connects quick and I'm able to finally quick charge my phone at the same time

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Also managed to get one from target. MA1. Works great, drops connection on random though but connects quick and I'm able to finally quick charge my phone at the same time
I've been looking at those, just never in stock when I start looking.

triplehelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed Sedan
Country flag
got sick of the motorola one being out of stock so grabbed the aawireless version. updated the firmware via the app, had to clear phone pairing from the headunit, but after that initial set up its been flawless for the last two months or so.

i ended up being glad i went with this one as the usb cable is replacable (the motorola is hardwired), there are lots of settings to play with (or ignore if you prefer) and the firmware is super easy to update via the app.

one thing, you want to make sure you hit the "ok" on the honda isn't responsible if you use devices while you drive thing that first shows up after you start the car, or the music will be muted until you restart and hit the "ok".

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
MA1. Works great, drops connection on random though but connects quick
I second that. First paring took some time, but after that connects within a few seconds after car startup. Also experienced random drop outs, but rarely, but re-connects quickly (a second or two?) so no big deal. Consumes about 15% battery every hour on my Samsung S10. Also works with any wired AA HU without re-pairing. Just plug in and viola, wireless AA. Great for rental cars. Tested on MK7.5 Golf R. Worked great!

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second that. First paring took some time, but after that connects within a few seconds after car startup. Also experienced random drop outs, but rarely, but re-connects quickly (a second or two?) so no big deal. Consumes about 15% battery every hour on my Samsung S10. Also works with any wired AA HU without re-pairing. Just plug in and viola, wireless AA. Great for rental cars. Tested on MK7.5 Golf R. Worked great!

Yeah I've noticed mine only drops near the garage opener or very low cell signal (which doesn't make sense since it uses wifi?)

otherwise it's really great. Sound quality as well is as good as cabled

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesn't drop but there are (very rare) times where I need to reconnect my phone and swap back in the MA1 to get it to re-pair with the head unit. Still easy to do and it was worth paying extra to get this. I hate maintaining constant wired connections.

Another benefit is that if my wireless charger is working too slow, I can now plug the phone into the high rate charger on the passenger side and still have my android auto fully functional.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I've noticed mine only drops near the garage opener or very low cell signal (which doesn't make sense since it uses wifi?)

otherwise it's really great. Sound quality as well is as good as cabled
The symptom is I got the "Android Auto is Not Available" or something like such msg pop up for a second or two. Not sure if it was due to dropped wifi connection, lost data, or what. I use Google Maps almost every commute since February. One hour to and another hour from. It happened a total of three or four times.

First time happened was in a fringe area near the Canadian Border when my phone's battery was really low. Last time happened was near Washington DC so maybe FBI/CIA jamming? lol...

I agreed it works great. No complain about SQ or anything else. Google maps is always ready before I pull out in the morning. Everything just works.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I have AAwireless and notice that some areas have some kind of wifi blocker or something that drops the connection. Always happen when I pass by a certain area of my commute.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have AAwireless and notice that some areas have some kind of wifi blocker or something that drops the connection. Always happen when I pass by a certain area of my commute.
Reminds me back in the day when my Garmin standalone GPS would always reboot whenever I cross a certain point along westbound NY State Thruway past Syracuse. Perhaps it's just the mapping software crashing. lol...
Sponsored