Wiper Quality

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Minor update: I closely examined the J-Hook ends of the wiper arms of both my Civic and my wife's 2015 Corolla. They seem identical. Toyota blades use the stainless steel inserts. I may be onto something...
Solution achieved.
Honda Civic 10th gen Wiper Quality IMG_20170809_162516611

This is the OEM Parts Label for the wiper blade I've installed on my Civic. Driver's side only. Cost: about $35, but my local dealer's parts guy and I have a fairly long history so he sells to me wholesale. Your cost may be higher.

This blade is what came in the 2015 Toyota Corolla. Both vehicles have the same size blade on the driver's side, and both systems employ wiper arms with "Small J-Hook" ends to attach the blades. The clips on the Toyota blades are slightly different, but they attach to the arms flawlessly nonetheless.

The OEM "beam" style blades Honda developed for the 10th Gen are no match for this product. Streaking? Gone. Chattering? What's that? Enough of that nonsense. This blade is both quiet and efficient.

The other major benefit to this conversion when compared to other aftermarket blades? You can get rubber insert refills for $10 from the dealer, so the blade frame stays on essentially forever.

Last, but surely not least, I've regained a blade assembly that Incorporates the stainless steel inserts that run along the backbone of both sides of the rubber insert. This was one of the main gripes I had with the new Honda blades after purchasing my Civic.

Happy motoring!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The wiper blades on the Civic seem to suck but no way I'm putting anything from a Corolla on my car. :confused1:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Instead of buying a $35 Toyota wiper, why not just use aftermarket wipers?

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Instead of buying a $35 Toyota wiper, why not just use aftermarket wipers?
Permanent blade frame that's made to fit the J-Hook on the end of the wiper arm. $10 OEM Toyota refill inserts. Stainless steel insert reinforcement.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Mine work very well no noise nothing.
Windshield must be clean to be quiet
Sponsored