Wiper Problem with a 2018 Civic EX Sedan

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
My daughter bought a new Civic Ex Sedan in spring 2018 and had wiper problems from the beginning. She had a wide streak (on the drivers side, of course) and it got worse so the dealer replaced the inserts. It was better for a while but now streaks AND chatters. She is reluctant to try Honda again, so has these questions:
1. Is the problem on a civic typically the arm, the wiper assembly or just the insert?
2. What insert has worked well for owners with the same problems?
3. Any other recommendations or comments?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got the rain x expert fit beam design, just like came on the car, and they are way better than the original ones. Less than 10.00 at Walmart, and they lasted me over a year so I can't complain.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I treated my windshield with rain x and honestly can’t remember the last time I used my wipers. This was mostly out of frustration with the “rain sensing” system (would hardly wipe in hard rain, and would go nuts in light rain).

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
My daughter bought a new Civic Ex Sedan in spring 2018 and had wiper problems from the beginning. She had a wide streak (on the drivers side, of course) and it got worse so the dealer replaced the inserts. It was better for a while but now streaks AND chatters. She is reluctant to try Honda again, so has these questions:
1. Is the problem on a civic typically the arm, the wiper assembly or just the insert?
2. What insert has worked well for owners with the same problems?
3. Any other recommendations or comments?
Thanks!
We own a 2016 HRV, a 2017 HB Sport and now a 2019 CRV.

Honda cheaped out on 3 items all 3 cars. The windshield wipers, the battery and the floor mat. Just buy aftermarket ones.

Other then that and a few minor things, cars have been reliable and solid.
Sponsored