Wiper Blades ?? OEM or Bosch ?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I need blades, are Bosch just as good or the OEM or better? The plastic where it clips in looks very large on the Bosch.. Can anyone comment??
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would only get aftermarket ones after your first set. The OEM ones are junk and barely last 3 months.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I need blades, are Bosch just as good or the OEM or better? The plastic where it clips in looks very large on the Bosch.. Can anyone comment??
I bought Bosch to replace my stocks because the stocks chattered like crazy and was embarrassing for a new ride. I couldn't find any in 14" which is what the backs are so they are still there (and chattery).

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
ive had good experiences with bosch ones on the 9th gen. what are the sizes for the 10th gen coupes?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
ive had good experiences with bosch ones on the 9th gen. what are the sizes for the 10th gen coupes?
I'm pretty sure they're 26" and 18".

(also, the hatchbacks have 14" for the back window)

I've got a Bosch Icon 26" and Rain-X Latitude 18" on my car now. Side-by-side testing to see which one craps out first. I've only had them for a month or so with a few rain days, but they're already better than the stock blades were.

The OEM driver's side wiper did this weird thing where, right in the middle, where the wiper arm connects to the blade, it would rub the Rain-X off of the glass. I'd end up with a streak of splotchy water in my line of sight within five minutes of driving in the rain -- no joke, it really happened that quickly. Neither of the new blades have done the same thing, so they're already a win in my book.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
If you haven’t bought blades yet consider going silicone instead. Lasts way longer although abit expensive. Piaa silicone blades are what I use you can find on amazon. Been on 2 years in Texas heat and still good

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I would only get aftermarket ones after your first set. The OEM ones are junk and barely last 3 months.
My wife's 2016 Civic has the original one and they do the job very well.
Mine on 2018 Civic , 4 months old are like new.
Or it is because our Civic are made in Canada?

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Most of the time , when windshield is clean with no dust , nothing , any wiper brand are quiet
well my factory ones were loud and and when I put the Bosch on they made no noise and I didn't do anything to the windshield as far as cleaning it

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
The OEM blades have refills you can oreder for 5$. I have used Bosch Icons for a few years now in different sizes on different vehicles. They will last 2 canadian winters. I will advise to keep the OEM in the trunk just incase the aftermarket ones have a bad clip and fly off or a bad rubber. Sh** happens:thumbsup:

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I bought Bosch to replace my stocks because the stocks chattered like crazy and was embarrassing for a new ride. I couldn't find any in 14" which is what the backs are so they are still there (and chattery).
I'm pretty sure they're 26" and 18".

(also, the hatchbacks have 14" for the back window)

I've got a Bosch Icon 26" and Rain-X Latitude 18" on my car now. Side-by-side testing to see which one craps out first. I've only had them for a month or so with a few rain days, but they're already better than the stock blades were.

The OEM driver's side wiper did this weird thing where, right in the middle, where the wiper arm connects to the blade, it would rub the Rain-X off of the glass. I'd end up with a streak of splotchy water in my line of sight within five minutes of driving in the rain -- no joke, it really happened that quickly. Neither of the new blades have done the same thing, so they're already a win in my book.
I accidentally ordered the wrong size for my rear one, got an 18". Said what the hell and slapped it on anyway. It fits, clears everything, and pretty much wipes the whole rear window. I recommend it!

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
I accidentally ordered the wrong size for my rear one, got an 18". Said what the hell and slapped it on anyway. It fits, clears everything, and pretty much wipes the whole rear window. I recommend it!

So I also have 18 on the rear hatch, it obviously cleans more area. I have installed a small black foam rubber pad about 1/2 inch (12mm) in the area along the back of the spoiler where the wiper end touches off the spoiler during the wiping motion

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I've had my OEM ones on for 21 months and they are finally starting to go I think. And I live in New Orleans where it rains damn near every day during the summer.

So I disagree that they only last 3 months, unless you had them on constently and were trying to wipe sand instead of rain.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The Ikons and the RainX wipers seemed to work about the same, but I had a set of RainX where one of the end pieces on the DS wiper popped off during a heavy storm and the blade worked it's way out. I've never had that happen on any wiper, ever. YMMV.
Sponsored