Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Just wondering what specs people are using for steel winter wheels on your Si...i have a 2020 I just had a set of 215/50 17's installed on 17x7.5 wheels with a 40 offset. I seem to be hearing some rubbing at full turn, but then again, i thought i heard the same thing before i installed the winter wheels.....so im not sure if the wheels are the issue or not.

According to my garage and all I've read online, this config are same height as stock 18's and the tire is a little narrower, so im not sure what could be rubbing really.
Sponsored

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You shouldn’t be rubbing, I have 17x8 35offset and no rubbing issue. I’m also lowered on k-tuned springs.

Edit: same tire size

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maxum

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
You shouldn’t be rubbing, I have 17x8 35offset and no rubbing issue. I’m also lowered on k-tuned springs.
I didn't think so either; must be something else I'm hearing. I thought I heard something rubbing with the oem wheels on also, but wanted to be sure the new winter wheels weren't making it worse. The car is brand new, so possibly some brake noise? I'll have it looked at anyway next service. Can't see anything obvious there that could be causing it.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't think so either; must be something else I'm hearing. I thought I heard something rubbing with the oem wheels on also, but wanted to be sure the new winter wheels weren't making it worse. The car is brand new, so possibly some brake noise? I'll have it looked at anyway next service. Can't see anything obvious there that could be causing it.

Is your problem similar to this?

OP
OP
Maxum

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag

Is your problem similar to this?
Too funny, i was just signing in to say i think i found the problem! This was exactly what i was hearing. I checked all around the wheels and there was no way it was touching anything, so i had someone move the car while i listened and could tell it was rubber in rubber sound. This was exactly the problem. Never had that issue before in my life. Thanks for the video.

OP
OP
Maxum

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Now....what can i get that's safe on rubber to lubricate those boots? I don't think i can get that same brand of spray lube here where i am.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now....what can i get that's safe on rubber to lubricate those boots? I don't think i can get that same brand of spray lube here where i am.
Any silicone grease should work. Just rub some all around the boots.
Sponsored