patrickb7

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
To add yet another aftermarket wheel sanity check post, I'm looking for some clarity before making a purchase on wheels for my winter tires.

I currently own a set of 235/40R18 Blizzak winter tires (from a previous vehicle) and need to purchase wheels to retrofit them onto my 2019 Type R before the cold starts to set in.

Based on research, it seems 18x8.5 or 18.8 are my best bets for wheel size. (Leaning more towards 18x8). I can't seem to find a solid threshold for too small of a wheel offset when selecting wheels. I've read that someone used a 32mm offset and experienced rubbing, but I'm having trouble finding wheels much greater than this. I do have one set of wheels at 40mm in mind, and might just bite the bullet if someone can give me the okay based on personal experience.

Any help is much appreciated - will happily show photos of competed setup in exchange for advice :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
patrickb7

patrickb7

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
18x8+40 is definitely safe. 18x8+35 with a 235/40 will also be fine. I would stick to 18x8+40 or +45 offset though to keep the slush off the paint.
https://willtheyfit.com
I actually did end up going with 18x8 +40 after continuing to do my own research. And I would agree, they fit and look nice.
Sponsored