Winter Rims/Tires for Civic Hatch

tatalor51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017/1.5 turbo
Hello,

Trying to decide what rims and tires I should buy, looked for some info about what fits or not and still a bit puzzled.

My hatch (Europe) has 17" rims but I was thinking 16" for the winter. The 16" rims on some versions, from what I saw on a thread here, have 16x7" with a 45mm offset so I guess this exact size would work. But what would be the range of compatible rims? 16x6.5" to 16x7.5" and offset between 38 and 48?

Also, what winter tires (good quality/reasonable prices, easy to find in Europe) would you recommend? And what about size? What would fit with the above rims? (assuming they are correct).

Thank you in advance

Also, can you recommend any TPMS?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The 16" rims on some versions, from what I saw on a thread here, have 16x7" with a 45mm offset so I guess this exact size would work. But what would be the range of compatible rims? 16x6.5" to 16x7.5" and offset between 38 and 48?
Yup, anything in that range would work.

Also, what winter tires (good quality/reasonable prices, easy to find in Europe) would you recommend? And what about size? What would fit with the above rims? (assuming they are correct).
I used 195-width tires on 16x7" wheels on my last Civic (EP3 hatchback). I'm considering 205's for my FK7 hatch, so I'd need to find 205/60-16s; if those are too hard to find, I'd try 215/55-16.

My winter tires were Dunlop SP Winter Sports, and they did very well. I'd buy them again. The reviews on Tire Rack were spot-on, I'd say.

Also, can you recommend any TPMS?
Our cars use indirect TPMS (a flatter tire turns faster because it's squished smaller), so they don't have pressure sensors in the wheels (unless it's different for you in Europe).