First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone notice that the price of gas which usually goes down in the winter, is actually increasing? I don't know how you all in California can afford it. For regular, it's near $4.20 per gal. in LA.
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Almost as much as we pay in Canada! LOL… Combination of COVID, Worldwide events, and oil companies that see the coming of electrification are likely to blame. Up here, they’ve introduced an ‘Environmental Tax’ which will now rise every year on gasoline sales.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone notice that the price of gas which usually goes down in the winter, is actually increasing? I don't know how you all in California can afford it. For regular, it's near $4.20 per gal. in LA.
Near me in the Chicago suburbs 93 octane is reaching near $5/gal, the cheapest station near me sells 93 octane for $4.60/gal.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Near me in the Chicago suburbs 93 octane is reaching near $5/gal, the cheapest station near me sells 93 octane for $4.60/gal.
I live down near Kankakee and premium is $4.11 here. Still, about a year ago, I was getting it for $3.15-3.25.

OP
OP

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
They add more Ethanol to the gas in the winter. It's just not good stuff. It can build up in the fuel system and create issues. It's really bad for small motors like boats, lawnmowers, chain saws and things like that. I owned a grocery store and we sold gas. In our county we were allowed to sell non-ethanol gas. People love it and I must say all my lawn equipment and small motors run way better now and start within a couple pulls even after sitting for the whole winter. I notice when the winter blend is in my car right off. Sluggish and a 4-5 mpg drop in mpg right off.
Actually these cars especially the 1.5 turbos loves a bit of enthonal, I add 1 gallon of enthonal which brings my tank to around 15 to 18% of enthonal and no knock control is rising when wot

OP
OP

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
1.49 per litre here in Toronto and that the lowest 87 octane

Last edited:

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live down near Kankakee and premium is $4.11 here. Still, about a year ago, I was getting it for $3.15-3.25.
Over here I remember paying $3.40/gal for 93 last summer, now 87 is $3.60/gal lol.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm in the 'burbs & just looked at Gas Buddy. Saw a couple Costcos st $3.95-$3.99. There was a Shell at $4.12. My other car uses premium so I frequently check prices & try to plan my gas fill ups where I'm going to be running errands.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the 'burbs & just looked at Gas Buddy. Saw a couple Costcos st $3.95-$3.99. There was a Shell at $4.12. My other car uses premium so I frequently check prices & try to plan my gas fill ups where I'm going to be running errands.
Interesting, idk why gas is so expensive in my area then lol. I know costco sells it cheap but I never have time to go. I’ve been super busy with school lately so I just fill up at stations on my way home.
Also do you know of any 10th gen civic meets in the area?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, idk why gas is so expensive in my area then lol. I know costco sells it cheap but I never have time to go. I’ve been super busy with school lately so I just fill up at stations on my way home.
I wish I knew of a Civic club in Illinois. I'm not sure there are any.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm not aware of any Civic meets in the area but I never looked into it either.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Would try to keep it up for you. I'm in montreal and use petro cad 94 oct. The last 2 winter didn't saw knock control going more then normal ( rarely 0.54 on hard pull ) and some time we hit -20c. For now no change and out side temp are like 0 to 8 now. Here regular it's 1.55/1L and 94 oct 1.75/1L. I remember paid 1.83/1L 2 weeks ago. The only major on fuel going to 6.9 to 7.2 average mpg .

Good info here.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy-effi...ors-affect-fuel-efficiency/cold-weather/21032

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
[QUOTE="Civics4Ever, post: 1077582, member: 5537"} Yep. And it started on January 20th of this year. [/QUOTE]

Only if "he" controlled the world. Amen.
Sponsored