Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
GT WING GT WING GT WING

IMG_20200916_112257-01.jpeg

IMG_20210213_220941.jpg

Cons: Drilling holes and hydraulic struts will not work as well. They were not designed with the weight of the wing taken into account. My white sport touring would never open by itself after I got the Type R style from ABSdynamics, which is SUUUPER light. I only know this now as I JUST removed the OEM wing from the R and it has to be like 10 times the weight; there are metal reinforcements inside which help it all stay together. I always wondered why the side pieces were $650 each....

Con: Worse gas mileage. I lose a few mpg with the Type R style wing, lose more with the GT wing. Hard to say how much exactly because I had a few mods that reduced MPG, all the way down to an average of 26 or so even with a lot of highway miles.

Once I got the GT wing, the hatch would actually close on its own unless you literally pushed it all the way up and held it for a second to let it settle lol. Didn't lift it far enough and it would just fall back down. You can definitely just buy the Type R dampers and be fine though, the OEM spoiler is actually heavier than the carbon GT wings.

And I suppose another con of the GT wing is the price... $$$$ but you can now find some reasonably priced replicas on eBay for like 1k.

If you go with ABS dynamics for the Type R wing, it is exact copy of OEM Type R wing, just without the reinforcements. I ran mine for like 30k miles with zero issues, just upgraded to the GT wing. Use 3M Super Strength Molding Tape. It is NO JOKE.

https://absdynamics.com/products/spoiler-amg-gt?_pos=8&_sid=74cdafdba&_ss=r

Pros: Breaking necks DAILY. Real life Need for Speed / Fast and Furious car.
Yo have have got to ask, where did you get the wing for the white civic? Its clean asf and im trying to get something similar. The link doesn't work anymore.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yo have have got to ask, where did you get the wing for the white civic? Its clean asf and im trying to get something similar. The link doesn't work anymore.
If you mean the GT wing, that is an APR GTC-300. You can find them online on ebay and resellers like evasive, or order from APR directly but I think it's actually more expensive for some reason. Currently I have the GTC 250 on my R and I love it as well .

Honda Civic 10th gen Wing/spoiler hatch pros and cons 1626976156543
Sponsored