BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
With just 3000 miles on my 19 CTR, I just noticed I cant get the motor to spray any fluid. When I pull back on the arm only the wiper blades work. I topped off the fluid. Anyone have any ideas? If I want to check the fuse, where would I start?
Thanks
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
With just 3000 miles on my 19 CTR, I just noticed I cant get the motor to spray any fluid. When I pull back on the arm only the wiper blades work. I topped off the fluid. Anyone have any ideas? If I want to check the fuse, where would I start?
Thanks
Most likely one of the fuses in the engine bay, if not it's under the dash. Did you recently install or modify anything before it stopped working??

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most likely one of the fuses in the engine bay, if not it's under the dash. Did you recently install or modify anything before it stopped working??
I installed ktuner, but I think it wasn’t working before that and isn’t related. I do my own oil and transmission fluid changes, also doubt it’s related though.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed ktuner, but I think it wasn’t working before that and isn’t related. I do my own oil and transmission fluid changes, also doubt it’s related though.
Yea that definitely wouldn't have anything to do with it haha. Yea, I would just check the fuses and see if they are blown.

If not blown, then maybe get a multi-meter and check the Washer motor plug if it's getting power when you hit the switch. If everything looks good, it's definitely the motor.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea that definitely wouldn't have anything to do with it haha. Yea, I would just check the fuses and see if they are blown.

If not blown, then maybe get a multi-meter and check the Washer motor plug if it's getting power when you hit the switch. If everything looks good, it's definitely the motor.
Looks like it’s in here. Gonna see if I can get it open. Trying to do everything to avoid going to the dealer

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield washer motor not working? C8A38457-6BEC-4292-846A-DF323C199E9B

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield washer motor not working? BB6F0B69-256B-4014-8DFD-602B835AD333

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fuses are good ! Looks like I’ll have to go to the dealer for a new motor. Hope they don’t give me trouble over a PRL HVI

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield washer motor not working? 34B970E8-3ACF-4CE6-B1CC-128363B45EB9

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Yeah mine gave out around 25k miles. Got it replaced through warranty

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Can you hear it buzzing when you pull the stalk? I would flip the wipers from the windshield and then just hold the stalk - maybe it got an air bubble stock in it and needs some time to clear it?

Reason I would pull wipers away from windscreen is to avoid scratches in the dry.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you hear it buzzing when you pull the stalk? I would flip the wipers from the windshield and then just hold the stalk - maybe it got an air bubble stock in it and needs some time to clear it?

Reason I would pull wipers away from windscreen is to avoid scratches in the dry.
No, I can’t hear anything.

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
My front windshield also does not spray, but the rear does. Do these share the same motor? Should I check my fuse also? When I twist for the front spray I don't hear anything happening just get moving wipers. any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My front windshield also does not spray, but the rear does. Do these share the same motor? Should I check my fuse also? When I twist for the front spray I don't hear anything happening just get moving wipers. any help would be appreciated!
This is what mine was doing. They replaced the motor and it’s fine.
Sponsored