OP

ryun84

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T
I know you sorted this but it could also be the sensitivity settings for the Auto Headlights. This is found in vehicle settings I believe.
Lately, I've noticed a couple times where my auto headlight feature still "freaks out" and I'm starting to wonder if I just have a faulty sensor. I've checked the sensitivity settings as well. Funny thing is, out of the 10 times I've checked to adjust the sensitivity, only 3 times has the option even shown up on the screen. The other 7 times under the Lighting submenu it only shows headlight duration after lock and interior light duration. I've only ever seen the auto headlight sensitivity setting those 3 times and when I had access to it I made sure to set sensitivity to Low.

Dbrini

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Bump for same issue....windshield just tinted yesterday. Notice the auto headlights didnt come on at dawn....went into menu and the option to adjust sensitivity is gone all together. I will try disconnecting battery later. Ryun84 - did your issue continue to be inconsistent since?

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Had my windshield tinted in my CW CTR with 45% non ceramic and it didn’t affect my auto headlight sensor at all.

Went with non ceramic for the windshield to avoid distortion

4nti0ch

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
having the exact same issue. just bought a new 2021 civic sport hatchback a couple of weeks ago. a few days ago i got my windshield tinted with ceramic tint. i don't remember the % but it's basically clear. afterwards my auto headlight feature isn't working. it can be pitch black but the headlights won't come on. not only that but the headlight settings in the menu aren't showing up when they were prior to the tinting. not just grayed out or anything i mean gone from the menu completely.

the light sensor is on the dash. the windshield was done professionally. i watched the guy lay a blanket/towel thing over the dash when he sprayed the windshield so i don't think it's a moisture thing. also there is nothing at all all covering the sensors at the top of the windshield that is used on the ACC and LKAS.

one guy said he unhooked his battery to let everything reset and after a day or so his started working. tried that to no avail.

i looked in the owner's manual and done the thing where you have to pull the light switch back and hold it 30 seconds, and 40 seconds to turn it on/off. that didn't work.

i have an apt next week at the honda dealership to see what they tell me. i know 3 other dudes that got ceramic tint on the same models and had no issues so i dunno.

Last edited:

Todo012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
having the exact same issue. just bought a new 2021 civic sport hatchback a couple of weeks ago. a few days ago i got my windshield tinted with ceramic tint. i don't remember the % but it's basically clear. afterwards my auto headlight feature isn't working. it can be pitch black but the headlights won't come on. not only that but the headlight settings in the menu aren't showing up when they were prior to the tinting. not just grayed out or anything i mean gone from the menu completely.

the light sensor is on the dash. the windshield was done professionally. i watched the guy lay a blanket/towel thing over the dash when he sprayed the windshield so i don't think it's a moisture thing. also there is nothing at all all covering the sensors at the top of the windshield that is used on the ACC and LKAS.

one guy said he unhooked his battery to let everything reset and after a day or so his started working. tried that to no avail.

i looked in the owner's manual and done the thing where you have to pull the light switch back and hold it 30 seconds, and 40 seconds to turn it on/off. that didn't work.

i have an apt next week at the honda dealership to see what they tell me. i know 3 other dudes that got ceramic tint on the same models and had no issues so i dunno.
Hi 4nti0ch, what was the outcome from your appointment at the Honda dealer?
Thank you

4nti0ch

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
it ended up being the light sensor in the dash going bad (prob from the moisture somehow) but they replaced it and it's worked perfect since.

Stix-a7x-

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Si
it ended up being the light sensor in the dash going bad (prob from the moisture somehow) but they replaced it and it's worked perfect since.
How much did that cost to replace did the tint shop pay for replacement? I think mine is out too cause it dont activate when its dark and i have clear ceramic tint.

Last edited:

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My windshield is tinted 50% and I don't have any problems beyond my headlights coming on sooner than they should.
Sponsored