Windshield Replacement

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Those of you with 2020’s should be cautious using aftermarket glass. I’ve heard it can make the Honda Sensing go nuts.
Sponsored

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
So, just had my 20 CTR windshield replaced today by safe lite via my AAA auto insurance. I specifically requested oem and took photos of my original one prior to install of the new one. Process was painless and they did a great job with a Honda factory windshield. Boy, it was not cheap. Calibration for safety sense was required so mobile service was not an option. Driving for over 35 years and this was my first replacement.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So, just had my 20 CTR windshield replaced today by safe lite via my AAA auto insurance. I specifically requested oem and took photos of my original one prior to install of the new one. Process was painless and they did a great job with a Honda factory windshield. Boy, it was not cheap. Calibration for safety sense was required so mobile service was not an option. Driving for over 35 years and this was my first replacement.
just for reference. if your car has the safety systems cameras then windshields have to be replaced with oem. so having to request one isnt really an issue. as it is required. when My type R windshield was broken I did not have the cameras I was specifically asked if I did. I said no so their reply was then I get third party glass period unless I pay the difference. They said if I had cameras then oem is required.
Sponsored