Windshield Replacement on Touring

BGMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Tourning
Recently noticed a long crack on the windshield of my '16 Civic Touring. So far so good in that my insurance will cover replacement with a $50 deductible and Safelite, to whom they sent me to get the job done has the OEM windshield available. Unfortunately they did not have all of the moulding available, so they had to put off the replacement until next week. I'm getting this done in the Atlanta, GA area.

At every step of the way though they have stressed that after the windshield has been replaced I need to take the car to a dealer to get the Honda Sensing features re-calibrated. Does anyone have any experience with this or have an idea of about how much it might cost?
Sponsored

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
You are smart to get OEM and not satellite. Satellite is garbage. Second, call around. My good friend has a Mazda with the same setup and had the windshield replaced. If they know what they are doing, and you use the OEM windshield and they do not disconnect the camera, DO NOT DISCONNECT IT, you do not need to recalibrate. MY 2 cents. Do at your own risk. The system is suppose to send a error if out of calibration. If the camera is disconnected, well you will need to get it done. Also, some dealers do not have the calibration equipment.

Calibration cost a small load of cash...just call around and use a shop that has done BWM's...Lexus...and Mazda with collision avoidance. They know what to do.

OP
OP

BGMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The windshield has been replaced. The tech says that he did not disconnect the Sensing features, and that on other jobs where he did it that way, the system did not need re-calibration. However, the only way to be sure is to check. I'll take the car out for a joy ride and see what happens. If it seems to be OK, I'll certainly not pay for recalibration.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
The windshield has been replaced. The tech says that he did not disconnect the Sensing features, and that on other jobs where he did it that way, the system did not need re-calibration. However, the only way to be sure is to check. I'll take the car out for a joy ride and see what happens. If it seems to be OK, I'll certainly not pay for recalibration.
You would have a CEL if there was 1 IOTA of issue with it. Be lucky it did not.

OP
OP

BGMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back from the joy ride. No problems, no error messages. Everything seems to be working fine.
Sponsored