Windshield fluid reservoir leak/replacement

jlyr3mixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Honda Civic EXT 6MT sedan, 2006 Mazda Miata
Country flag
Hey all, so my dealer put water in my windshield wiper fluid tank and I didn't realize, so it froze and now my wiper fluid is leaking a lot of water.

Is there any way to check out integrity of the reservoir and hoses without removing the front bumper? It seems pretty walled off.

Also, is this a warranty fixable item? (after the 1yr)

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Hey all, so my dealer put water in my windshield wiper fluid tank and I didn't realize, so it froze and now my wiper fluid is leaking a lot of water.

Is there any way to check out integrity of the reservoir and hoses without removing the front bumper? It seems pretty walled off.

Thanks in advance.
If the dealer did this, and especially if there's a piece of paper saying that they used water (you didn't ask them to do it, right?), they should do everything possible to fix it.

A dealership doing non-standard stuff without the customer's request is just asking for trouble. Give it to them.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
...wat.

1. How do you know the dealer put water? If indeed true, unleash hell on them because that's preeeetty damn stupid.
2. Putting water in there doesn't mean it's leaking...unless you're saying the water expanded when it froze and broke/cracked the reservoir. In which case it'll have to be replaced, which does require bumper removal, among other things.

Again, if the dealer is responsible, they are on the hook for getting it fixed.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag

Thanks in advance.
Can you get to it by removing the plastic inner fender? I would try this first.

OP
OP

jlyr3mixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Overall I'm pretty peeved that I have to get this fixed.

...wat.

1. How do you know the dealer put water? If indeed true, unleash hell on them because that's preeeetty damn stupid.
2. Putting water in there doesn't mean it's leaking...unless you're saying the water expanded when it froze and broke/cracked the reservoir. In which case it'll have to be replaced, which does require bumper removal, among other things.

Again, if the dealer is responsible, they are on the hook for getting it fixed.
1. When it was leaking out of the car, I collected it into a cup. It was just clear water.

2. To make sure it was the reservoir, I poured a little water into the reservoir myself and it all came pouring onto the floor.

Can you get to it by removing the plastic inner fender? I would try this first.
Where is this? Is there a picture you can show me of the inner fender?

OP
OP

jlyr3mixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the dealer did this, and especially if there's a piece of paper saying that they used water (you didn't ask them to do it, right?), they should do everything possible to fix it.

A dealership doing non-standard stuff without the customer's request is just asking for trouble. Give it to them.
Yeah I took it into service one day and noticed that they topped off my fluids without my asking as a standard practice I assume. I want to go after the dealer but I very much dislike that particular dealership and worry asking them to fix it will only lead to more troubles for me. (due to my lack of trust in their abilities, to be clear).

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Overall I'm pretty peeved that I have to get this fixed.

1. When it was leaking out of the car, I collected it into a cup. It was just clear water.

2. To make sure it was the reservoir, I poured a little water into the reservoir myself and it all came pouring onto the floor.

Where is this? Is there a picture you can show me of the inner fender?
Here:

Attachments