Windows rolling down by themselves?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I have the traditional 'key with buttons' as well. But I just use the valet key on my key ring.
Sponsored

OP
OP
usagora

usagora

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I have the traditional 'key with buttons' as well. But I just use the valet key on my key ring.
Glad you can live with that, but I don't want to have to manually lock/unlock the car every time. That defeats the whole point of having a FOB. Hopefully I can find some sort of cover for my key that makes the buttons recessed. As mentioned in my previous post, all I can find so far are ones for the Smart Key.

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
If you or someone else knows of one that will fit mine, let me know. Seems like every one on Amazon is for the "Smart Key" - Mine is this kind:

1634161132532.png
I got these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078S9GCHD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

It helps a LITTLE making it a little harder to press but not by much. It's not a fix but it might help a little. I also make sure the put my key in a pocket with literally nothing else in it and hope for the best. Hoping there will be some sort of future solution or an option to disable but I'm not that optimistic.

OP
OP
usagora

usagora

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I got these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078S9GCHD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

It helps a LITTLE making it a little harder to press but not by much. It's not a fix but it might help a little. I also make sure the put my key in a pocket with literally nothing else in it and hope for the best. Hoping there will be some sort of future solution or an option to disable but I'm not that optimistic.
Thanks. I actually ordered one of these:

https://www.high-end-motorsports.com/honda-civic-keychain-key-remote-cover-e4.html

See my link in my last post for the thread I started on this topic. It actually arrived yesterday and I put it on today. Time will tell.

What would be ideal is a hard plastic-type case that comes in half to "snap" around the key (or use tiny screws to fasten) with fairly deep cutouts for the button, but so far I haven't seen any like that for our type of key.

Abbie269

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks. I actually ordered one of these:

https://www.high-end-motorsports.com/honda-civic-keychain-key-remote-cover-e4.html

See my link in my last post for the thread I started on this topic. It actually arrived yesterday and I put it on today. Time will tell.

What would be ideal is a hard plastic-type case that comes in half to "snap" around the key (or use tiny screws to fasten) with fairly deep cutouts for the button, but so far I haven't seen any like that for our type of key.
Thank you! :)

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving an old thread. This has been happening to me lately. And it’s not because I’m pushing the button. I was holding my fob in my hand and watched it happen. The little red light thet comes on when you push a button came on on its own and stayed on as if it was being held. Wtf!? Honda has been pissing me off as of late. Guess I need to get a new fob. I’m just going to use my spare for now. But very annoying. Someone could easily take anything in my car if this happens while I’m in a store or something.

messoroz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2021 EX Hatchback
Country flag
Reviving an old thread. This has been happening to me lately. And it’s not because I’m pushing the button. I was holding my fob in my hand and watched it happen. The little red light thet comes on when you push a button came on on its own and stayed on as if it was being held. Wtf!? Honda has been pissing me off as of late. Guess I need to get a new fob. I’m just going to use my spare for now. But very annoying. Someone could easily take anything in my car if this happens while I’m in a store or something.
You could always take apart the fob (which is normal if you need to replace a battery) and blow out any pocket dirt and sand that may have ended up under the buttons.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could always take apart the fob (which is normal if you need to replace a battery) and blow out any pocket dirt and sand that may have ended up under the buttons.
yeah I just switch to my other fob which still had the protect plastic in the key from when the car was delivered and retired the other one. It can be reserved for a spare since the key will work without the battery anyway.
Sponsored

Reactions: Est