mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
You can also apply a treatment like Rain-x, or one of the glass cleaner wipes with anti-fog.
I cleaned mine throughly and applied rain-x with a micro-fiber towel last summer. Still keeping the windows clean and fog-free several months down the line, and it's been wicked cold here in the Midwest.
RainX is for exterior surface, right?
Sponsored

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
There is a RainX product for antifog inside. Didn't try it on any car but didn't protect sunglasses for fogging up in winer lol.
My old Integra was the worse for fogging up.
It happens more when using recirculatig mode.
It hepls if switched on fresh air a few minutes before shutting off, especially if on AC. On AC is a must actually, because the humidity gets trapped and it can only go into the cabin. If kept on recirculation, in time it causes some bacteria growth and it will smell pretty bad.

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’ve had a 2016 exl, which was a lease that I traded in on my 2017 si. Both cars had/have major issues with fogging up. Summer ,fall, winter, spring. Always fogging up unless my windows are down or at least cracked .

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
It's behind the glove compartment.

Just pop it off the latch.

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Same issue here, and we have lot of temperature change.

The best I found was to not use "Auto" (for a weird reason, Auto mode in this car not use A/C), put A/C On and manually adjust temp/vent with recirculate always off.

I cleaned windows with the no-fog product with no luck.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
If i turn off the recirculate where the dirt from the outside go? Sometimes its cold here and i need to turn it off but i dont want dirt come to my air vent.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If i turn off the recirculate where the dirt from the outside go? Sometimes its cold here and i need to turn it off but i dont want dirt come to my air vent.
That's what your cabin filter takes care of for you. It'll catch pretty much anything/everything.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Are you using ECO mode? Try turning it off and see if it gets better. It runs the compressor less.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
... my '06 BMW was terrible about moisture buildup. The civic isn't as bad.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As said, there is an interior version, but with care you can apply it to the interior. I use the RainX combo cleaner/protectant spray on both sides of the glass and then Collinite 245 on the outside glass for a final cleaning. I use RainX wiper fluid, except when it's really cold. Then I switch to Prestone DeIce.

I rarely use my wipers.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Just noticed something yesterday which is relevant to this as its to do with fogged up windows. Firstly, the quickest way to defog a window is to have the heat running with the AC on. Hot air still comes out but its drier .

Secondly, has anyone had any issues with the front passenger side static vent that is aimed towards the passenger window? When I select the defrost setting the air obviously comes up onto the windscreen. Those two small fixed vents on top of the dash on the sides that aim towards the front windows is what I'm having issues with. The drivers window defrosts nicely from that vent but has anyone noticed any issues with the passenger side? Its a fixed vent but I can swear its direction is wrong, it seems to blow directly onto the pillar instead of the glass. I've looked at it and its not bent or broken.

Anyone else notice this?

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add my two cents. Since it's moisture we're talking about I would look to minimize as much water content inside the car. For me, tracking small amounts of snow on my shoes and having it accumulate in the rubber tray contributed significantly to fogged windows and finally frost on the inside after -20degC (-4degF) conditions.

There's recommendations on the internet to fill a sock with kitty litter and leave it underneath your seats to soak up moisture. Additionally you can pick up moisture absorbing packs that you can microwave once it's saturated and reuse as necessary (example here).

WhiteCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si
Country flag
Do you use a lot of armor all or products to clean your interior? The vapors from a lot of this stuff tends to cling onto the windows and promote smears/fog
Sponsored