First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Is anyone experiencing this problem?

I live in California, so it doesn't get colder than 50-60F in the winter. As the weather gets colder, I've been noticing my 2017 Hatch Sport constantly fogging up way too much on the inside of all windows (front side back).

In the morning all the windows are so fogged up inside that I basically need to have the AC on all the way to work. Then in the evening commute I also need to have the AC on (even if it's just at low), otherwise it starts fogging up constantly. Is this normal or is something up with my car???
Don't recycle air, put on the A/C at all temps results in no fogging!
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Just noticed something yesterday which is relevant to this as its to do with fogged up windows. Firstly, the quickest way to defog a window is to have the heat running with the AC on. Hot air still comes out but its drier .
Don't recycle air, put on the A/C at all temps results in no fogging!
Which is EXACTLY why Honda turns on AC when you press the windshield defrost button. Many manufacturers started doing this over a decade ago. Back then, in a Honda, the AC light would come on when they did this. Made some owners just crazy because they couldn't or wouldn't wrap their heads around the fact that the AC cycle removes water vapor from the outside air coming into the cabin so there was a real reason of defrost effectiveness that was why Honda did it. Back then there were literally hundreds of threads with owners complaining and wanting to know how to prevent the AC from coming on.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Too much moister in the car for "cold " weather outside, use A/C to dry inside

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Is anyone experiencing this problem?

I live in California, so it doesn't get colder than 50-60F in the winter. As the weather gets colder, I've been noticing my 2017 Hatch Sport constantly fogging up way too much on the inside of all windows (front side back).

In the morning all the windows are so fogged up inside that I basically need to have the AC on all the way to work. Then in the evening commute I also need to have the AC on (even if it's just at low), otherwise it starts fogging up constantly. Is this normal or is something up with my car???
Clean the insides of your windows with white vinegar.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Glad I found this thread. Will try the suggestions in here :D

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've owned a 2007 Honda Pilot for 10+ years and the climate controls has never moved off Auto, and I've never had a problem with fogged up windows. Same with the Civic thus far. The climate control stays on Auto, and no foggy windows.
Sponsored