Window Tinting Behind Third Brake Light

cbreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Accord -> '16 WOP Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Planning on getting my car tinted here soon as well. I was wondering why some civicx's 3rd brake light were tinted and some weren't.. I'm hoping my tinter will cover the whole rear windshield.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
If anyone lives in the Columbus Ohio area. I have a cousin with a shop that has tinted 3 of my cars including my civic. The rear window was a piece of cake. He just folded down my rear seats and placed it. That window was the least time consuming one. He told me on the civics it is super easy because of the glass being very flat rather than rounded like most cars he tints. I recommend getting 35% on the front and 18% all around the back if those are legal in your state. In Ohio we can have 35% in the front and in the back we can make it as dark as we want. Here is the outcome:

13528918_1228811017138130_8201405198824931976_n.jpg

If anyone wants more detailed or angles of the car, reply and I will take some more pictures for you to give you an idea of what it looks like and how dark the tint is.

I thought it was 50% for the front windows in Ohio. I am getting my car next week and was thinking of doing 50% in the front windows and 35% on the back.

Hansford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My shop didn't even ask and I forgot to tell them but they tinted the whole back window and didn't remove anything that I know of.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just got a 35% tint job on my new WOP civic (Arizona legal limit), and I am impressed with how it looks now, but very unimpressed with the rear windshield. I was wondering if this was a common thing:

So they told me that it was nigh improbable to tint behind the third brake light, so they computer cut it and the top of the tint cut is about 1/5 to 1/3 of an inch above the actual brake light (when looking through the rear view). Basically they attributed this to the angle of the rear windshield.

I've looked through multiple threads and seen tint jobs the extend completely over the third brake light and wanted to inquire if it required any dismantling of the car itself - brake light, plastic cover, etc.

To cut it short: do I have a case for a bad tint job? I obviously have visible outside light pouring into my cabin, and I would love for my rear windshield to be covered completely.

If pictures are necessary, let me know and I shall supply.

Thank you.
I got mine tinted at Ziebart. Didn't say a word about it and they managed to tint behind the 3rd brake light with no problem. I did 20% on the back though and I am a bit concerned that people cannot see the light clearly when in broad daylight

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
5% all around was too dark for me at night. I had to switch to 20%.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
if they were using a computer cut. he probably had no saying on rather he could do it or not. my rear window is complately tinted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX T
That doesn't make since
When they cut the film they measure it from the outside window then they take the whole piece inside the car spray solution on the window and side it down in place. Had my done and you should always get one that has a life time warranty for as long as you own the car.

kahrazie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I thought it was 50% for the front windows in Ohio. I am getting my car next week and was thinking of doing 50% in the front windows and 35% on the back.
Lol well this is awkward... You are right, 50% in the front and whatever in the back. Guess my tint is illegal lol..

Buccal_Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
I had to have my rear window re-done and they also used the computer to cut the first film and it was cut way above the third brake light area, a bunch of light from cars behind was getting inside. When they re-did it i asked them not to cut out a spot for the third brake light and they got it done no problem

mchowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX T, 2007 Camry V6 SE, 2015 VW GTI
Country flag
Tint the 3rd brake light is always a must for me. It looks weird when it is not IMO.

I didn't tint yet, I have the coupe. Word of caution, the double sided tape they use to hold the brake light cover is garbage. You will need to replace that with a 1" by 3 " velcro.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering tint just on the rear windshield. Is that weird? Has anyone done that? In NJ, you can't tint the front windows...so I don't want to tint the back windows - I think it'd look strange.

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
Tint the 3rd brake light is always a must for me. It looks weird when it is not IMO.

I didn't tint yet, I have the coupe. Word of caution, the double sided tape they use to hold the brake light cover is garbage. You will need to replace that with a 1" by 3 " velcro.
I'm taking mine to the dealer today. They ordered a whole new unit for that brake light. I could probably fix this myself, but I'd rather make them fix it. ;) As soon as this brake light issue is sorted, I'm getting tint installed.
Sponsored