First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I certainly love the ceramic. Don't know if Solar Gard "Ceramic" is legit ceramic. I've checked out a couple different sites regarding this brand/type of tint and some argue it is not really ceramic. Anyways, I love the tint so far. I did 40% on all my four main windows. The heat rejection is definitely working.

While my front dash is like molten lava, the plastics on the driver door are pretty cool and I've had my car out in the sun in 95+ degree weather. * its been unusually hot in MD lately *

40% isn't too off from legal limit but had no issues with cops.
I definitely recommend one of those windshield sunshades...I've used it the past few days and it doesn't get nearly as blazing hot inside at work. Back seats stay quite cool just with the tint alone.

And yeah, this heat/humidity *needs* to go away lol...
Sponsored

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello all! Made a appointment to get my windows tinted. First question is ceramic worth the extra cost? Second is my state only allows you to tint the rear windows back. No front window tint :( Trying to keep it "legal". The shop said if you keep it light, you won't have any problems with law enforcement. Part of me wants it legal but the fun side of me says go all the way around. :hmm: Or no tint? Recommendations and thoughts are greatly appreciated!

done.JPG
let me tell ya my strategy on that, I have 5% on back passenger and rear and 25% on the front and granted its illegal in my state when i see the police I just roll my front windows down. :thumbsup:
Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tint IMG_3502.JPG

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Critical point, for sure. If someone's tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes doing 80 on 495, then yeah...you're a target, and TBH I think tint is one of those things that just grabs attention. Even more so if you're doing something stupid, b/c then there's more anonymity involved.

...makes flipping people off a lil easier, too. :dunno: They can't see me.
True AND you can sing your ass off in private!

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
let me tell ya my strategy on that, I have 5% on back passenger and rear and 25% on the front and granted its illegal in my state when i see the police I just roll my front windows down. :thumbsup:
IMG_3502.JPG
Sneaky sneaky sir. Im thinking all around or no go. I will take this tip into consideration except maybe when its pissing rain or dumping snow everywhere lol

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
IMG_3502.JPG
Nice car by the way. Its like the opposite version of mine. Blacked out verse chromed out :D

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice car by the way. Its like the opposite version of mine. Blacked out verse chromed out :D
Thank you sir. I had a few cop friends of mine tell me that as long as your following driving rules they really do t have reason to stop you it's rare they stop for tints, also when it does rain for me I open my moon roof cover so light can illuminate in and since my back ground of my info screen is white and bright I can be seen quite well still in told.

bhead9318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I went with 20% ceramic all around and I've been extremely happy with it so far. In Ohio we're only allowed to have 50% or lighter on the front but I've had illegal tint on my cars for 3 years now and haven't gotten asked about it once. You are absolutely right that ceramic does have superior heat rejection to say carbon or dyed film. 20% is pretty obvious that it's illegal though, if you want to stay on the safer side of things I'd say go with either 35% or 50% all around. 35% will look darker on overcast days but will still allow people to see a little bit of you in your car on a sunny day. 50% will just look like a slight factory tint and won't provide you much privacy. It really just comes down to how much heat rejection/privacy you'd like vs. how easily you'd like a cop to ruin your day. My .02 cents.

Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tint 20160728_180800 Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tint 20160728_181110 Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tint 20160728_185729 Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tint 20160729_095746

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you sir. I had a few cop friends of mine tell me that as long as your following driving rules they really do t have reason to stop you it's rare they stop for tints, also when it does rain for me I open my moon roof cover so light can illuminate in and since my back ground of my info screen is white and bright I can be seen quite well still in told.
Nice information. Thanks. Thinking im gonna go 50% all the way around. I know 50% isn't that dark but will do the job.

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I went with 20% ceramic all around and I've been extremely happy with it so far. In Ohio we're only allowed to have 50% or lighter on the front but I've had illegal tint on my cars for 3 years now and haven't gotten asked about it once. You are absolutely right that ceramic does have superior heat rejection to say carbon or dyed film. 20% is pretty obvious that it's illegal though, if you want to stay on the safer side of things I'd say go with either 35% or 50% all around. 35% will look darker on overcast days but will still allow people to see a little bit of you in your car on a sunny day. 50% will just look like a slight factory tint and won't provide you much privacy. It really just comes down to how much heat rejection/privacy you'd like vs. how easily you'd like a cop to ruin your day. My .02 cents.

20160728_180800.jpg 20160728_181110.jpg 20160728_185729.jpg 20160729_095746.jpg
Thanks for the info. Your tint looks awesome, especially on that color :love:. I have decided to just go 50% all the way around to keep it safe. Privacy isn't really an issue. I love all the gawkers anyway lol Do you think that that its worth the extra cost for the ceramic? The shop i'm going to uses charges like 349$. Seems a little steep..

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Thinking im gonna go 50% all the way around. I know 50% isn't that dark but will do the job.
I appreciate this post. I've been researching tint brand & shade/level for a couple of weeks now. There are a couple of shops in the area that do excellent work, so I decided to do a test run of having 3M Color Stable 20% put on the visor strip & 3M Color Stable 50% put on the sunroof. It looks really good! Now, the dilemma I'm facing is what tint to get & these are my choices:

3M Color Stable http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...017+8711413+8716713+8721690+3292716665&rt=rud

3M Crystalline http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...017+8711413+8716713+8721690+3292716668&rt=rud

3M Color Stable parts & labor quote: $250 (all windows except for windshield)

3M Crystalline parts & labor quote: $600 (all windows except for windshield)

Decisions, decisions, LOL.

bhead9318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Your tint looks awesome, especially on that color. I have decided to just go 50% all the way around to keep it safe. Privacy isn't really an issue. I love all the gawkers anyway lol Do you think that that its worth the extra cost for the ceramic? The shop i'm going to uses charges like 349$. Seems a little steep..
Thanks! When figuring out what type of film to get, I first contacted my shop to see what all they had in-house and what they could ship in next-day if I wanted it. From there I did research online for each type of film to see what the heat rejection percentage was of each type - my shop told me the Panaflex ceramic he had was seeing up to 75% heat rejection which is 20-25% more heat rejection then he was getting out of his Suntek Carbon. That right there sold it for me. If you care about heat rejection, give the films some research, and if it's not as big a deal just see what recommendations your shop has - they usually know best. Just make sure you stay away from any metalized film, that will mess with your GPS and phone signal. I think I paid about $340 for my ceramic film before tax so your shop's quote isn't far off at all.

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I appreciate this post. I've been researching tint brand & shade/level for a couple of weeks now. There are a couple of shops in the area that do excellent work, so I decided to do a test run of having 3M Color Stable 20% put on the visor strip & 3M Color Stable 50% put on the sunroof. It looks really good! Now, the dilemma I'm facing is what tint to get & these are my choices:

3M Color Stable http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...017+8711413+8716713+8721690+3292716665&rt=rud

3M Crystalline http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...017+8711413+8716713+8721690+3292716668&rt=rud

3M Color Stable parts & labor quote: $250 (all windows except for windshield)

3M Crystalline parts & labor quote: $600 (all windows except for windshield)

Decisions, decisions, LOL.
Honestly the color stable is probably the best bet. Is the crystalline worth the $350 upgrade? Dang California is expensive. I live in Michigan and my shop quoted something like $350 for Llumar Ceramic and I thought that was pricey lol

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
I have Llumar Pinnacle series window tint which is a ceramic. I went with 35% all around. It cuts down the heat quite a bit. Without the tint, I used to have problems with the rear window "fogging". What I mean about fogging is actually gassing of the plastic surrounding the 3rd brake light that forms on the rear window. Since I went with this tint, the plastic stays cool enough not to gas anymore and therefore no more fogging of the rear window.
Sponsored