Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AUTO links. $400 plus HST.

Second job done and very pleased, though I spent double compared to my friends I just don't trust the places they went to. I know this is debatable but they also just TUCKED the tint in compared to REMOVING the PANELS/SPOILER.

OP
OP
Warp

Warp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2017
Country flag
AUTO links. $400 plus HST.

Second job done and very pleased, though I spent double compared to my friends I just don't trust the places they went to. I know this is debatable but they also just TUCKED the tint in compared to REMOVING the PANELS/SPOILER.
Thanks ill consider that.

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also got mine done at Auto-Links, 15% all around. Pics in my garage if you want to see how it looks.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the front side windows cannot be any darker than 35-30% in Ontario.

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the legal limit for front side windows is 30%. I was planning to do 30% front 15% back but I wanted my car to be "uniform" from front to back. John (the manager at Auto-Links, great guy btw) told me of the legal limit but he said a lot of people do 15% anyways. I haven't been pulled over for it yet and I've driven side by side by police. Even filled up at a gas station next to a cop and he complimented my car lol. If you do get pulled over it's probably up to the cop's discretion.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I believe the legal limit for front side windows is 30%. I was planning to do 30% front 15% back but I wanted my car to be "uniform" from front to back. John (the manager at Auto-Links, great guy btw) told me of the legal limit but he said a lot of people do 15% anyways. I haven't been pulled over for it yet and I've driven side by side by police. Even filled up at a gas station next to a cop and he complimented my car lol. If you do get pulled over it's probably up to the cop's discretion.
Yeah my tint shop also said to just tint the fronts since it's the same cost but I refused and just went 18% on back windows and hatch windows and kept the fronts stock. The law only came into play for cars built after Jan 1st 2017. Also a lot of cars from the the dealer almost never have the front tinted only the back at 35%

OP
OP
Warp

Warp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2017
Country flag
Yeah my tint shop also said to just tint the fronts since it's the same cost but I refused and just went 18% on back windows and hatch windows and kept the fronts stock. The law only came into play for cars built after Jan 1st 2017. Also a lot of cars from the the dealer almost never have the front tinted only the back at 35%
Yeah..... i notice that.
Maybe i can do 35% front and back window.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I don't know I am regretting not getting the whole car tinted but oh well.

BothFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6M
Vehicle Showcase
I would highly recommend PureAuto (www.pureauto.ca) - it's far for you, but they are the only shop I know of - that went to the trouble of purchasing an entire rear glass from a new hatch - to pre-shrink the film. This allows the rear glass to be installed correctly, without risk of bubbles/flaws as well as risking damage to the car by removing the spoiler. The other nice thing, is they sell one of the best films in the industry - Fomula One.

I got mine done there about 8 weeks ago... check them out.

Paul

OP
OP
Warp

Warp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2017
Country flag
If anyone is okay going to Barrie there is a place called DDF auto that does all 5 windows for $185 with no air bubbles.
Nice but its far from me.

What do you think on audio heaven shop?