Window rain guards...OE or Aftermarket?

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm curious what rain guards everyone is using. The OE are about $160, where as aftermarket ones can be found for a fraction of that. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
Before you buy it, here are my negative experiences with it. No one ever talks about these but you should know before getting into it...Im contemplating taking mine off...

-It creates a blind spot in a way. Your A pillar becomes "larger" and becomes visually obstructing
-windshield washer fluid collects under there
-There is a window rattle when you lower your window to the base of the window visor
-it's a pain to clean during car washes
-you may fist it for whatever reason you need to stick your hands out(happened when i tried to peace another CTR owner lol)

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I personally ended up getting Mugen knockoffs which had an amazing fit and was a smoke finish. Clips under the weather strip with 3M tape and those things go no where.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323825975865
agree with this, I’ve had them on my old civic for a a year with no issues and just put them on the CTR and love how they look.
super secure and the clips really help with that, I wash my car regularly and have not had a problem with them.
For $50 they’re definitely worth it, seller is great my first package came destroyed (not the sellers fault) and they overnighted a new set for free. Highly recommend them

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Procivic. Under $100. While I do agree they are very nice and add a nice dimension to this car, they can be annoying at times especially anything that involves rolling down your window for a drive-thru or whatever. Water never gets in when it’s raining and I love the look, but they can be disruptive at times. Still love them, but everything comes with a price.

Honda Civic 10th gen Window rain guards...OE or Aftermarket? 36A3808E-CAB6-4FFE-9B91-56C22BEC6572

OP
OP
Lagos

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Before you buy it, here are my negative experiences with it. No one ever talks about these but you should know before getting into it...Im contemplating taking mine off...

-It creates a blind spot in a way. Your A pillar becomes "larger" and becomes visually obstructing
-windshield washer fluid collects under there
-There is a window rattle when you lower your window to the base of the window visor
-it's a pain to clean during car washes
-you may fist it for whatever reason you need to stick your hands out(happened when i tried to peace another CTR owner lol)

Thanks for posting this. You're right, no one ever talks about the cons.
I will probably try out the $50 Ebay set that people seem to like so that its not a big loss if I don't like them.

sramtq

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the procivic ones and am disappointed. The shape is slightly off, so just puutting them on loads tension on them. On top of that, the tape they had on there didnt even stick 1 week, and I had to replace it with my own 3M. Also the wind buffeting is real bad.
Sponsored