Winding noise coming from the engine bay

bluerocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie wrx
i can't play the video with the noise..keeps saying you have to login to view video?? I think i hear the winding/chirp noise when the climate control system is on..
how do i get the video to play?? need to confirm the noise as it is driving me nuts..brand new car with 1000km on it :(
Sponsored

Mustnabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Whether or not its a problem is subjective. Not all civics are displaying this behavior...
I think they all do, just not everyone hears it.
You have to make sure AC is on, you can hear it by having someone in the car turn it on and off while you're outside the car. You will hear it

EtherealAegis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl Touring
I'm sitting at a dealership right now waiting for them to replace my seat.... I'll check and report findings.

EtherealAegis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Burgundy Night Pearl Touring
Keep in mind that this is such a small sample size that really the findings are entirely moot.

From a cold start here is what I found:

Coupe
Touring - no noise
EX-T - had noise

Sedan:
Touring - had noise
EX-L - no noise

I will also check mine when it's finished.

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
Yes. It is the AC compressor spooling up and down. It is normal. There is no problem.
It's confirmed on my case as well that when AC is ON, it makes this noise...this is really driving me nuts! everytime car comes to the stop it makes this sound..and it is very easily you can hear inside the car (at least in my case) ..it is so annoying during stop and go traffic where every few seconds you hear this noise.

Is it the AC compressor or the radiator/condenser fan in the front? I checked with hood open and it appears to be coming from the fan in the front.

It also appears there is only one fan now for radiator and AC condenser compared to two separate fans in previous civic models.

What confuses me is, if this fan needs to turn on on car stop to cool down radiator/condenser, what happens when I turn AC off in manual mode?

BlueTouringNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring
Yes. It is the AC compressor spooling up and down. It is normal. There is no problem.
It doesn't just "spool" it stays whining. It's the cooling fan coming on when the a/c system is on (left green light). Turn it all off with the hvac on/off button on the stack panel and...it goes away. It sucks.

OleksB

First Name
Oleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
So the last message was at 9 May 2016.
The problem doesn't exist anymore ?)
Have the same issue, any updates ?
Sponsored