Wind noise from driver's window?

gharhodes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Had the "fix" completed today at the dealership. They found the wind noise but didn't have a solution. I had them call George at Ciocca Honda and he explained it to the service manager for my vehicle. The ticket was left open until next Monday to see if the fix works. Crossing my fingers!
Sponsored

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
Mine does this too since day one.

So what is this secret fix that stops the wind noise?

gharhodes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Mine does this too since day one.

So what is this secret fix that stops the wind noise?
They put this adhesive felt somewhere under the window seal (the manager was vague but showed me the felt they used) to hold the seal tighter against the window. I guess this is a fix in the Honda Service forums that techs can access for an Accord or something they are trying on the Civic. They just need to know where to look in the forum.
So far it is a bit quieter, especially at speed. Driving 1800 miles on the freeway this week so I'll really be able to hear if it is better. If this doesnt fix it, I may try the Honda door visors to see if that helps.

richsua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016 (White)
Any updates on this dealership fix?

gharhodes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Any updates on this dealership fix?
The "fix" did help with the wind noise up by my ear but there is still noise from closer to the A pillar. It is significantly better though; I can tolerate it now. I have been thinking of trying the wind deflector from Honda to see if that helps some more. The service manager said he would work with me when I come in for my first oil change if I want to give the deflectors a try.
Overall, the "fix" is much better than before. Hope this helps.

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
How’s the wind noise now? I’m hoping Honda has a technical bulletin now on it because I’m getting them to fix this on my first oil change. I really hate the wind noise above 60mphs from driver and passenger windows.

Did visors help at all?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You guys may want to check the three bolts that are holding up the side view mirrors. Even though they may be tight on the car, they may not be tight against the side view mirror. But it means taking the door panel off, which is pretty easy. I’m saying this because i had some body work done on the car before and the body shop didn’t properly tight down the side view mirror and I had really annoying wind noise from the A pillar area as well. Wasn’t til I took it apart to find out that the idiots didn’t properly tighten down the side view mirror.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wind noise from driver's window? 0A7C1C22-8916-4440-AA2A-0A8C981F8318

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
Thanks for that. What’s the steps of removing the panel? Just tug and pull it out and remove the screw on the handle?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Pretty much. Pop the plastic arm rest part with the window controls off first. Disconnect the wires and unscrew the single screw there. And then just pull the panel off. I’d start around the speaker area. There’s an area there to grip from. Then you’ll have access to remove the plastic bit covering the triangle part. I’d take the side view mirror off even if the bolts look secure on the door. I’m not sure how to describe it, but there’s like another point on the mirror itself with a 14mm(?) nut that the bolts need to be tightly secured to. Make sure those are tight then put the mirror back on the door.

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
Hey guys. Quick update here. The mirrors weren’t loose and did not solve the wind noise. Just took it to the dealer and they confirmed they were defective window seals on both front windows. I also asked them to include EPT sealer to tighten up the gap. See video to reference the fix on the accord for wind noise.

It is quieter for sure compared to what it was better but you can still hear it. I’m will be trying visors next to see if that helps.

SamOnTour

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring
Last week I let go of my '02 Civic and bought a 2017 Touring. I didn't even hear the wind noise during a test drive because we were talking most of the time.The service department wanted to make it right so they ordered new run channels for each door. I wrote up a lengthy email referenced this thread and the suggestion to use the Accord fix and that it worked for the Harrisburg dealership and several users here. They resisted, saying they wanted to just do the run channels and we'd figure it out after that. Annoyed at the prospect of wasting a half a day for this fix to not work, I got them to agree they had the Accord fix materials on hand in case their fix didn't work. Well lo and behold, it didn't work. And then they refused the Accord fix because Honda support said this noise is just a characteristic of the car.

I'm so angry that Honda hasn't admitted there's an issue with this and designed a service bulletin like they did for the Accord. What else can I do to persuade the Mossy Honda folks to just go ahead with the Accord fix?
Sponsored