Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10gen2.0civic
Country flag
I ran into the same problem I resurfaced the rotors and replaced the pads with Hawk ‎HB521F.650
Second time around I followed break in procedure. Now I'll get a few squeaks after a canyon run but
never during normal driving.
Can you send a link please to those brake pads please
Sponsored

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I have the red 4 piston wilwood big brake kit for my 2020 si, it’s not to hard of an install but they squeal really bad and very annoying only at low speeds when brake is applied, but hey it gets the job done and stop on a dime. when making a U turn you can hear the rotor touch the pads so don’t worry about that. This kit from tsp Will fit 17” wheels or bigger, I just placed an order to get the anti squeak shims hopefully that works and I will also put some high temp grease where the brake touches the metal hopefully that fixes my issue if not then it’s the brake pads and I would have to go with a bp10 or bp20

FB8E81C4-BDAA-444C-94C7-2F16F981F0C2.jpeg
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have tried shims, reinstalling everything, different brake pads and everything else I can think of. I swear my car squeals louder than any bus or semi I've ever heard.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10gen2.0civic
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have tried shims, reinstalling everything, different brake pads and everything else I can think of. I swear my car squeals louder than any bus or semi I've ever heard.
No I have not found a solution to this problem it it’s very annoying and kind of ridiculous because everyone is looking at you when you come to a stop I might switch back to oem but then again I won’t have the stopping power I even put grease behind the pad on the metal plate and it still doesn’t help at all so idk what I am going to do

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No I have not found a solution to this problem it it’s very annoying and kind of ridiculous because everyone is looking at you when you come to a stop I might switch back to oem but then again I won’t have the stopping power I even put grease behind the pad on the metal plate and it still doesn’t help at all so idk what I am going to do
I talked a little with Brian from Fastbrakes who make the kit for tsp to sell. He just said to get the shims and re-try the bedding process after scuffing the rotors and pads. I am going to try one brake quiet product and re-bed this coming week. If that doesn't work then I'm going to reach back out to Brian to see if there's anything else we can do.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10gen2.0civic
Country flag
I talked a little with Brian from Fastbrakes who make the kit for tsp to sell. He just said to get the shims and re-try the bedding process after scuffing the rotors and pads. I am going to try one brake quiet product and re-bed this coming week. If that doesn't work then I'm going to reach back out to Brian to see if there's anything else we can do.
For sure lmk what happens bc I am using hawk breaks and the shims I did the bedding in process and shill nothing I guess I should scuff up the rotors then aswell

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
For sure lmk what happens bc I am using hawk breaks and the shims I did the bedding in process and shill nothing I guess I should scuff up the rotors then aswell
I had a 4 piston Wilwood custom kit on my G35 back in the day and it squealed bad too no matter what pad I used. Tried using some sanding discs on a drill to clean up the rotors but still no luck. Ended up selling the kit fast and getting an official kit from Stoptech that was much more expensive. It worked great for track days using track pads and was still nice and quiet with street pads. My suggestion would be to go with something like the 27won kit to get peace of mind. The extra expense will be worth it.

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Super late follow-up to this thread, but I have gotten my brakes to stop squealing like 95% of the time now. Its been about 2.5-3 months and I've only had them squeal 3 times and that's only during 3+ hour drives where I encounter some pretty bad stop and go traffic.

I started out by buying some additional shims to make sure I had all the necessary equipment. I got both brake pad shims for the back of the brake pads and caliber shims to ensure the caliber was centered over the rotor.
Honda Civic 10th gen Wilwood 4 piston 1681491147348

I started by removing all my brake hardware including the calipers, lines and rotors/pads. I scuffed the contact surfaces on the rotors/pads with 80 grit sand paper to have a fresh surface to break in after the re-install.

Then, to start the re-install I applied the brake pad shims to the back of the brake pads, sticky side down and bending the tabs over the edges to hold them in place. They don't cover the entire back of the brake pads, but it gets pretty close:
Honda Civic 10th gen Wilwood 4 piston 20230202_085439

I then covered the entire back of the pad with a small layer of CRC Disc Brake Quiet I put a little extra on the edges where there was no brake pad shim.

I also picked up a digital caliper from Amazon to help me measure and ensure the rotors were EXACTLY centered with the caliper. I needed to add two additional shims to each caliper as there was a larger gap on the back side of the calipers then there was on the front. I greased the metal-on-metal contact points on the calipers with some CRC Brake Caliper Grease. Next, I reinstalled all the brake lines and did a brake fluid flush with some Prestone DOT 4 Brake Fluid and reinstalled my wheels.

I did a bed-in following the instructions listed on Hawk's Website to the to the tee.

My brakes are now virtually squeal free and I couldn't be happier. They obviously make a little noise due to having drilled/slotted rotors that you can hear if you have your music off and windows up but that is to be expected and is easily ignored.

nttran98

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Super late follow-up to this thread, but I have gotten my brakes to stop squealing like 95% of the time now. Its been about 2.5-3 months and I've only had them squeal 3 times and that's only during 3+ hour drives where I encounter some pretty bad stop and go traffic.

I started out by buying some additional shims to make sure I had all the necessary equipment. I got both brake pad shims for the back of the brake pads and caliber shims to ensure the caliber was centered over the rotor.
1681491147348.png

I started by removing all my brake hardware including the calipers, lines and rotors/pads. I scuffed the contact surfaces on the rotors/pads with 80 grit sand paper to have a fresh surface to break in after the re-install.

Then, to start the re-install I applied the brake pad shims to the back of the brake pads, sticky side down and bending the tabs over the edges to hold them in place. They don't cover the entire back of the brake pads, but it gets pretty close:
20230202_085439.jpg

I then covered the entire back of the pad with a small layer of CRC Disc Brake Quiet I put a little extra on the edges where there was no brake pad shim.

I also picked up a digital caliper from Amazon to help me measure and ensure the rotors were EXACTLY centered with the caliper. I needed to add two additional shims to each caliper as there was a larger gap on the back side of the calipers then there was on the front. I greased the metal-on-metal contact points on the calipers with some CRC Brake Caliper Grease. Next, I reinstalled all the brake lines and did a brake fluid flush with some Prestone DOT 4 Brake Fluid and reinstalled my wheels.

I did a bed-in following the instructions listed on Hawk's Website to the to the tee.

My brakes are now virtually squeal free and I couldn't be happier. They obviously make a little noise due to having drilled/slotted rotors that you can hear if you have your music off and windows up but that is to be expected and is easily ignored.
Do you happen to know what is the actual wilwood part number they are using? and the rotor thickness?

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you happen to know what is the actual wilwood part number they are using? and the rotor thickness?
When I contacted TSP they told me it was Wilwood 120 11131.

Rotors are Dynamic Friction 631-67052R and L. They are 28mm thick, with a minimum of 26mm. :thumbsup:

nttran98

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
When I contacted TSP they told me it was Wilwood 120 11131.

Rotors are Dynamic Friction 631-67052R and L. They are 28mm thick, with a minimum of 26mm. :thumbsup:
I am putting together a combination brake clearance templates.
So Far
Wilwood 6 pot (On Wilwood Site)
FastBrakes Wilwood 4 pot (Twostep perf.)
Stoptech
Genesis Brembo (Credit to Formula Delta)
27Won (just published template)
In work:
RL Caliper
CTS-V Swapp (maybe)
Sponsored