xmikedentx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si, 2016 Tacoma TRD 4x4
Country flag
Only .3" bigger than Si rotors. Other brands go to 13" rotors. Granted, the calipers are better, and the smaller package will probably fit more wheel setups.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Interesting. I know the 6 pot kit barely fits the OEM Si wheels (17-19) without a spacer. I wonder if this fits, and if it does I wonder if it has slightly better clearance.

For someone like me, who might take my car to the track a handful of times (over a year owned and no track time yet. The local track is 2 hours away, very expensive, and has a lot of requirements to meet) a moderate upgrade for street driving like this could be the perfect compromise.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only .3" bigger than Si rotors. Other brands go to 13" rotors. Granted, the calipers are better, and the smaller package will probably fit more wheel setups.
I was looking at the RL and genesis conversions and it’s about the same price as the these wilwoods after all the options I want. If this wilwood conversion is just as good, I’ll probably go with them. The 6 piston kit is just to pricey for me or id go with that.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. I know the 6 pot kit barely fits the OEM Si wheels (17-19) without a spacer. I wonder if this fits, and if it does I wonder if it has slightly better clearance.

For someone like me, who might take my car to the track a handful of times (over a year owned and no track time yet. The local track is 2 hours away, very expensive, and has a lot of requirements to meet) a moderate upgrade for street driving like this could be the perfect compromise.
I do plan on just drag racing my car so I don’t really even need these but I’d like to have better stopping power but also clear smaller wheels for the strip. So I may just get these and let people know how they are if no one has done these yet.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

AmalgamSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I do plan on just drag racing my car so I don’t really even need these but I’d like to have better stopping power but also clear smaller wheels for the strip. So I may just get these and let people know how they are if no one has done these yet.
Please do report back about wheel clearance if you do get these! I'm really interested in the weight reduction and clearance for wheel spokes. It'd be really cool if I could run Enkei RPF1's (17x9 ET45) without a spacer in the front.

I know PRL offers an 8th gen Si front brake kit for the 10th gen that they claim drops 6 lbs per corner, allows for smaller diameter wheels (15"), and doesn't reduce stopping power. I looked into it a little, and the caliper does visually appear to be smaller in the right dimension for wheel spoke clearance (couldn't find actual measurements), but the caliper piston is 3mm smaller in diameter and the rotor is 0.5" smaller in diameter. Probably a negligible difference in stopping power for PRL to claim no reduction in performance? Nonetheless, another option for guys that want to run smaller, lighter, and wider wheels.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the 4 piston calipers on Wilwood's site, but the fact that the 6 piston ones fit w/o spacers on stock Si wheels make them very tempting! Almost double the sale price of the 4 pot ones, though.

The 6 pot ones also have a clearance diagram:

Honda Civic 10th gen Wilwood 4 piston ds819_wcd-l

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
From the looks of the picture on the website, the rotor is not a 2 piece design and probably heavier than stock Si rotor. Also, it looks like the brake pad doesn't even cover the entire surface of the rotor, maybe only like 1/2 - 2/3 of the surface area. It's a lot cheaper than the official 6 pot kit for a reason.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10gen2.0civic
Country flag
I have the red 4 piston wilwood big brake kit for my 2020 si, it’s not to hard of an install but they squeal really bad and very annoying only at low speeds when brake is applied, but hey it gets the job done and stop on a dime. when making a U turn you can hear the rotor touch the pads so don’t worry about that. This kit from tsp Will fit 17” wheels or bigger, I just placed an order to get the anti squeak shims hopefully that works and I will also put some high temp grease where the brake touches the metal hopefully that fixes my issue if not then it’s the brake pads and I would have to go with a bp10 or bp20

Honda Civic 10th gen Wilwood 4 piston FB8E81C4-BDAA-444C-94C7-2F16F981F0C2

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
From the looks of the picture on the website, the rotor is not a 2 piece design and probably heavier than stock Si rotor. Also, it looks like the brake pad doesn't even cover the entire surface of the rotor, maybe only like 1/2 - 2/3 of the surface area. It's a lot cheaper than the official 6 pot kit for a reason.
Just over 4lbs lighter lighter per corner of unsprung weight. Replacement rotors are just over $100 from TSP last I checked. 2 piece rotors are 3 to 4 times more expensive. Stopping is very progressive depending on pad choice.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I have the red 4 piston wilwood big brake kit for my 2020 si, it’s not to hard of an install but they squeal really bad and very annoying only at low speeds when brake is applied, but hey it gets the job done and stop on a dime. when making a U turn you can hear the rotor touch the pads so don’t worry about that. This kit from tsp Will fit 17” wheels or bigger, I just placed an order to get the anti squeak shims hopefully that works and I will also put some high temp grease where the brake touches the metal hopefully that fixes my issue if not then it’s the brake pads and I would have to go with a bp10 or bp20

FB8E81C4-BDAA-444C-94C7-2F16F981F0C2.jpeg
I ran into the same problem I resurfaced the rotors and replaced the pads with Hawk ‎HB521F.650
Second time around I followed break in procedure. Now I'll get a few squeaks after a canyon run but
never during normal driving.