arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The SI probably loses Honda money so it's a smokin' deal. This Elantra looks really nice from the side. From the front it looks like a whale shark. Overall it looks edgy and takes risks. Bravo. I have no idea what it drives like.
Still not as ugly as this front end lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? 2020-lexus-es-carbuzz-547877-1600
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? 1597705610260

Was up with the creases and the grille? The person who approved the design clearly doesn't drive a Hyundai or ever washed a car by hand. His/her subordinate clearly didn't have the balls to call the design trash. It's similar to the 2016 Prius redesign that tanked its sale. Hyundai was nearly catching up to Honda on performance and fun car offerings then came this. Maybe it's a deliberate effort to push people to the new brand (see below).

OTOH, Hyundai's new IONIQ brand (all EVs) will shake up Honda and Toyota more than anything. The latter two have no mass-produced ful-EV offerings or any plan to do so. Hyundai is attempting to leapfrog traditional carmakers with the new brand. Watch out.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I'm just happy to see other manufacturers build sporty(ish) small/midsize cars. I do think the exterior is overdone, but the interior looks very good.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Is the Elantra N (aka i30N) coming to North America? There's no Elantra GT N-Line this year which is weird since I always thought the hatchback was the better option.

Hopefully these Hyundais will push Honda to do better with the Civic interior in the next gen. I drove both cars, the Hyundai interior was way better.
I hope so as of right now it's rumored to come to America.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The moment when you're the only who likes the new design :dunno: besides those triangles on the door. I'm excited for the N variant to come.

The Joey

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
A total knock-off of the superior Civic Si!!!
Off with their heads!!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The interior is indeed amazing. The exterior is ugly af. That grille looks like a fishing net stretched across the bumper. I would be afraid to wash it, might cut myself on all those hard angles. Also, at a $24k+ price point, I don't see how this competes with the non-si civic turbos....

They lifted all the worst of the external Si ideas, made them even worse, and then decided to sharpen every edge. No LSD seems silly for a FWD 200hp+ car.

Though I must know, are the front vents functional?
Again, the interior is amazing....

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
You can tell they stole a lot from the Si. I just can't even think about buying a Hyundai.
This!
I must be one of the few who remember the Excel. I would be embarrassed to own that brand and I do laugh at the owners. It is on the same level as Yugo.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This!
I must be one of the few who remember the Excel. I would be embarrassed to own that brand and I do laugh at the owners. It is on the same level as Yugo.
Yep, today's Hyundai is on a level with Yugo. :rolleyes1:

Have you driven the Veloster N PP by any chance? It crushes every current Honda other than the R.

As you said Hyundai is on the same level as Yugo. Using that logic, most Hondas must be pure garbage to be outshined by a Hyundai.

Just a little note. It's 2020, not 1980. Albert Biermann left BMW's M division and has done a great job improving the driving characteristics of Hyundais especially the N models.

But, I know I'm wasting my time stating facts on a Honda forum . ;)

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag

Have you driven the Veloster N PP by any chance? It crushes every current Honda other than the R.

As you said Hyundai is on the same level as Yugo. Using that logic, most Hondas must be pure garbage to be outshined by a Hyundai.

Just a little note. It's 2020, not 1980. Albert Biermann left BMW's M division and has done a great job improving the driving characteristics of Hyundais especially the N models.

I do not care what vehicles they currently make. Allow me to explain...

Origin, purpose and integrity are important to me. I like to be proud of a company's history and mission if I am going to purchase/use their products/services.

Low class and dubious intentions are not forgivable traits for everyone, so for me personally, they are in the crapufacturers category, with Yugo and many others across all industries.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

In real-world racing (TCR class) the Veloster N is actually not that far behind the Type R. The Si is next in the echelon. Really, the N is quite a rocket for the money.

https://www.tcamerica.us/results

Winners and Races
Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? 1599110051743
Sponsored