Will this car challenge the Civic Si?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
:lol::confused1: Look at that crappy design. From side it's looking like a prius 1st gen :puke:
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You guys clearly don't follow Hyundai. The Si is not the target with this N line model. They always try to shoot for better features, more power and better warranty at the similar price point to the competition. This Elantra is aimed squarely to one up the non-Si Civic turbo sedans.

When they release the LSD equipped, 275 hp actual Elantra N model, that will be squarely aimed at the 2022 Civic Si.

I do think Hyundai tried too hard to go with all the sharp creases and angles. That might be this car's downfall. Interior is amazing though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? large-42630-2021elantranline-1597265827

Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? large-42736-2021elantranline-1597265837-01

Last edited:

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dear lord what have they created. Handling and power might be nice and interior looks good, but the exterior makes me want to vomit.

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
I find this a little disappointing. No update to the motor from the last generation, which was already soft power-wise. No LSD. And after going for the Korean Audi look with the prior model, they have succumbed to K-Pop weirdness here.

I guess we'll have to wait for the N version for the good bits. Which means the Si is still safe at its price point.

One other note: what's with the trend of flowing the center screen visually into the instrument panel? The GTI does this and a number of other cars are doing it. To me it looks bleah.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Is the Elantra N (aka i30N) coming to North America? There's no Elantra GT N-Line this year which is weird since I always thought the hatchback was the better option.

Hopefully these Hyundais will push Honda to do better with the Civic interior in the next gen. I drove both cars, the Hyundai interior was way better.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OMG, that looks like the Accord and Prius bumped uglies.

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
No LSD is a deal breaker. But if you're comparing it to the standard turbo civic, then the elantra is a better value.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
No LSD is a deal breaker. But if you're comparing it to the standard turbo civic, then the elantra is a better value.
That's the targeted model, not the Si. The actual N model w/LSD (and Veloster N engine) will be the Si competition.

Looking at the design objectively it isn't as ugly as everyone seems to think. It's angular and something different for sure but here next to an EX-T Civic, it actually looks more sporty and aggressive.

Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? dims
Honda Civic 10th gen Will this car challenge the Civic Si? unnamed

Last edited:
Reactions: mjh

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I know some people find the Civic design to be polarizing but man this is just ugly as hell. Front and rear look like they were designed by 2 different people. Nothing sleek or classy looking about this car at all.

GotBoost?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 1992 Chevy Blazer
Country flag
It's a bit softer and has no LSD, so it's probably somewhere between an Si and a non-Si turbo. Has the power of an Si but also is heavier. Decent cars though. As good as they've gotten, I still prefer the Honda brand over Hyundai.

LSD was a deal MAKER for me and our Si, need the grip to match the power. Also just saw the interior and it's ehh aright but the screen looks like a knock off Android from 10 years ago and what's with the 'stay over there, stay off my stuff' bar next to the passenger console !?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
All those hard angles... ew
Sponsored