e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
As the title states, I am looking to see if these wheels will have issues with rubbing or if they will fit without issues.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
As the title states, I am looking to see if these wheels will have issues with rubbing or if they will fit without issues.

Thanks,
Sounds a bit too close. I just measured mine which are all stock (stock wheels 18x8 +50, and stock Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2) and the clearance of the tire wall to shock absorber assembly is about .75 of an inch up front and 1.70 inch on the rear. With the rear clearance you're definitely ok, but with those 8.5 width with +55, you'll be occupying more space on the inner part up front.

Check this out:

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...-18X8.5ET55&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=19mm&sr=0mm

I did set the suspension clearance to 19mm since that is the equivalent of .75 inch, so by calculation of the website, there will be like VERY small space you got between your tire/wheel and the shock absorber assembly.

If you really want to go 18x8.5, maybe do +50 offset at max just to be safe.

OP
OP

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Sounds a bit too close. I just measured mine which are all stock (stock wheels 18x8 +50, and stock Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2) and the clearance of the tire wall to shock absorber assembly is about .75 of an inch up front and 1.70 inch on the rear. With the rear clearance you're definitely ok, but with those 8.5 width with +55, you'll be occupying more space on the inner part up front.

Check this out:

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...-18X8.5ET55&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=19mm&sr=0mm

I did set the suspension clearance to 19mm since that is the equivalent of .75 inch, so by calculation of the website, there will be like VERY small space you got between your tire/wheel and the shock absorber assembly.

If you really want to go 18x8.5, maybe do +50 offset at max just to be safe.
I am only asking because I do not want to go to far out as I don't like a lot of poke. Also, my ask is there because I have seen a few with 9.5" wide and +45 or +40, so I was wondering how different this would be and if the level of clearance would work

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about 18x8.5 +40 wheels?

I was looking at some Buddy Club wheels: http://streetlightz-com.3dcartstore...enge-18X85-ET40-5X1143-White-wRed_p_1526.html (reps, just a quick browse)

Always loved the look of these white wheels with red lips, and would look sharp on my black Si.

EDIT: Nvm, I was looking at the calculator above and that helps a lot. Those wheels give it a positive scrub and I do not want to increase that radius at all. If possible I want it just a tad negative.
Sponsored

Last edited: